An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers For My Nephew Brodie---updated

IcePrincessKRS

IcePrincessKRS

I called Mike a few minutes ago and he said that they delivered Brodie ahead of schedule because Sara went into labor around 2 AM. So far, so good, though. Both she and Brodie are doing well. :)

IcePrincessKRS

My brother Mike just texted me a picture of Brodie. He looks like he's doing well. We've made it over the first hurdle.

My updates on his surgery on the 4th might be delayed because I have a doctor's appointment the same day, but I will let everyone know how it went as soon as I can.

IcePrincessKRS

I talked to my sister this evening. She's still pretty sore from her surgery but said that she got to go down to the NICU and spend some time with Brodie (her IV fell out and she ran out of pain meds so she had ot leave because the pain got to be too much).

Brodie's surgery has also been moved back to the 5th, but he is being taken care of very well so if any emergency situation arises they will be able to manage it.

:sign:

IcePrincessKRS

I talked to Sara this evening, both she and Brodie are doing well. I'm offering up my Mass for him tomorrow. :))

IcePrincessKRS

And the surgery has been moved back up to the 4th. lol Brodie is doing so well the doctors don't see any reason to put it off another day, he's strong enough for the surgery so they are going to get his heart fixed up ASAP.

Here's the latest from my sister:

Brodie's surgery has been moved up a day. He will be going in for his first operation tomorrow (Monday May 4th) first thing in the morning.
His cardiac team feels that he is doing well enough to move his surgery up a day. They would like to get his heart in the proper working order sooner than later and don't feel the extra day of adjustment is necessary. It says alot about how strong Brodie is.

Please join us in praying for our little man, his doctors and the grace to Trust in God FULLY.

With love,

Sara, Joe & big sister Fiona.

IcePrincessKRS

Brodie went into surgery around 7:30 this morning. Joe said he should know more around noon, so hopefully I will have an update before I head out to my own doctor appointment.

:pray:

IcePrincessKRS

The latest from Joe:

820 is when they started cutting. We toured the PICU...learned that Fiona won't be able to see him until his chest is sewed up in a couple of days and he moves into another part of the PICU that isn't actually an ICU...called 5 South. Sounds like the name of a TV show. I don't think it would be a comedy like scrubs though.

(He's updating from his phone, I think, but said earlier that the surgery could take 4-6 hours to complete so we might not have a "final" word for awhile.)