An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers For My Nephew Brodie---updated

IcePrincessKRS

IcePrincessKRS

Thanks guys. I'll keep updating as I get word from Joe (mostly he's just updating facebook via his phone since it's the easiest way to contact most family all at once from the hospital).

Another little boy, the son of a girl I went to college with, is undergoing heart surgery this morning, too. (Saw that news on her facebook status update) so if you wanted to offer a prayer for Patrick as well I know that she and her husband would really appreciate it. Nothing scarier than your child being sick (as some of us know first hand, MIKo especially).

IcePrincessKRS
:bump:

No update yet, but I want to keep this near the top today, for Brodie.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1857398' date='May 4 2009, 10:50 AM']Thanks guys. I'll keep updating as I get word from Joe (mostly he's just updating facebook via his phone since it's the easiest way to contact most family all at once from the hospital).

Another little boy, the son of a girl I went to college with, is undergoing heart surgery this morning, too. (Saw that news on her facebook status update) so if you wanted to offer a prayer for Patrick as well I know that she and her husband would really appreciate it. Nothing scarier than your child being sick (as some of us know first hand, MIKo especially).[/quote]

Baby #2, Patrick, is out of surgery and doing well. Here is the update from his Mom.

[quote]Praise God, Patrick's surgery went well! He is recovering in ICU, keep up the prayers that he is able to fully recover.[/quote]

Nothing new yet on Brodie, but I will check before I head out to my appointment this afternoon and post if there are any updates.

IcePrincessKRS

Joe just updated his FB about 10 seconds ago. Brodie is doing well and is in recovery. Here's what Joe had to say:

[b]Brodie is out of surgery and his heart is beating on its own. He is going to stay for observation for a little while and then they will bring him up to the PICU.[/b]

(Hopefully I will get to talk to my sister this evening and get some more info on how he's doing, until then I'll just keep sharing Joe's FB updates.)

IcePrincessKRS

I know, I am so relieved. I can only imagine what my sister is feeling right now!

IcePrincessKRS

Joe went to see Brodie around 3:15, here is the latest update:

[b]just saw Brodie. He looks pretty good. Well, better than I thought he would. The doctors say the next 12-16 hours are very important for him. They also put a name to his irregular heart beat...I'll have to get them to say it again so I can google it and learn all about it. It too has syndrome in its name. Ugh. Other than that they say he is heading in the right direction.[/b]

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='StColette' post='1857733' date='May 4 2009, 06:16 PM']Has your sister been able to see the little guy?[/quote]

I'm not sure if she's seen him since the surgery or not. I'm thinking she probably was able to go down the same time Joe did, though. So far all the updates have been from Joe on facebook via his phone. Sara updates through e-mail and I haven't gotten another one from her yet.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote]Thank you for all the prayers, Brodie's had a successful surgery. He is in the pediatric ICU (PICU) and will be very closely monitored for the next 24/48 hours. Currently everything is going well.
Brodie has proven himself to be a very tough little man.

Joe and I were fortunate enough to be able to hold him for the first time last night and then again this morning just before he went down to surgery. Both times he fell sound asleep in our arms! The nurses were quick with their camera this morning and got these pictures for us.

Our family picture won't seem complete till we can get one with all four of us. Fiona is eager to meet her little brother. We're hoping by the end of the week Brodie will be moved out of the PICU and onto the "floor" into a regular room in the pediatric ward, here she'll be able to visit him.

Thanks again for all the continued prayers and support.[/quote]

Latest e-mail from Sara. :saint: