An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do You Want To Be A Carmelite?

carmelite15

the lords sheep

[quote name='Hilde' post='1887292' date='Jun 9 2009, 11:05 PM']For some reason I don't think being so enclosed as the carmelites is for me, but I might be wrong.[/quote]

God calls us according to our natural desires and dispositions. If cloistered life doesn't seem like a good option to you, only consider it in as far as you'd be open to it if God brought it up (like, for example, I'm open to marriage if God brings it up... but i'm still hoping to enter the convent in the fall. :) )

As far as the thread goes, I once wanted to be a Carmelite of the Divine Heart of Jesus- but only superficially, because it was one of the only orders of Sisters I knew.

God bless!
Lauren

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1888367' date='Jun 11 2009, 02:10 PM']God calls us according to our natural desires and dispositions. If cloistered life doesn't seem like a good option to you, only consider it in as far as you'd be open to it if God brought it up (like, for example, I'm open to marriage if God brings it up... but i'm still hoping to enter the convent in the fall. :) )

As far as the thread goes, I once wanted to be a Carmelite of the Divine Heart of Jesus- but only superficially, because it was one of the only orders of Sisters I knew.

God bless!
Lauren[/quote]

Two very good points. :)

WisdomSeeker

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1888360' date='Jun 11 2009, 11:19 AM'][url="http://www.dominicansrs.co.uk/"]http://www.dominicansrs.co.uk/[/url]

Have you contacted them yet? :saint:[/quote]

The particular order I am in contact with is the 'Dominican Sisters of the English Congregation of St Catherine of Siena', I am in contact with the sister who deals with vocations.

puellapaschalis

I have never felt any kind of desire or attraction to the Carmelite order.

:tomato:

:ninja:

[size=1]But it's true![/size]

InHisLove726

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1888381' date='Jun 11 2009, 08:46 AM']I have never felt any kind of desire or attraction to the Carmelite order.

:ninja:

[size=1]But it's true![/size][/quote]

Hehe, I feel the same way about the Benedictines!

:P

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='WisdomSeeker' post='1888376' date='Jun 11 2009, 02:40 PM']The particular order I am in contact with is the 'Dominican Sisters of the English Congregation of St Catherine of Siena', I am in contact with the sister who deals with vocations.[/quote]

Sr. Valery? I heard she's very good. :)

We have a Dominican order of st.Catherine here. I was there for their vocation weekend.:)

I don't know what I would do as an apostolic sister yet. I am currently on bach.theol. The reason I might be fit for a contemplative order i s because I'm calm and can be silent. But I'm not that attracted to it.

WisdomSeeker

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1888386' date='Jun 11 2009, 03:02 PM']Sr. Valery? I heard she's very good. :)[/quote]

Yes it is Sr.Valery :) She is good, she sent me some books to read recently which I thought was very nice of her. I am hoping to visit the convent in Ealing, London before the end of the year and I am hoping to visit the carmelite monasteries as well :)

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='WisdomSeeker' post='1888392' date='Jun 11 2009, 04:38 PM']Yes it is Sr.Valery :) She is good, she sent me some books to read recently which I thought was very nice of her. I am hoping to visit the convent in Ealing, London before the end of the year and I am hoping to visit the carmelite monasteries as well :)[/quote]

If you can possibly make it, you should come on the John Paul II pilgrimage for the conversion of England! We walk from Ely to Walsingham from July 16-20. I don't know whether Sr. Valery will be there this year, but she's been before. There'll be several other (former) PMers attending :) Plus a bunch of other Dominican sisters and friars.

WisdomSeeker

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1888655' date='Jun 12 2009, 02:38 AM']If you can possibly make it, you should come on the John Paul II pilgrimage for the conversion of England! We walk from Ely to Walsingham from July 16-20. I don't know whether Sr. Valery will be there this year, but she's been before. There'll be several other (former) PMers attending :) Plus a bunch of other Dominican sisters and friars.[/quote]

That sounds really interesting! Wether I can make it or not is dependant on my finances which I have to say are not very good at the moment :(

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='WisdomSeeker' post='1888771' date='Jun 12 2009, 06:18 AM']That sounds really interesting! Wether I can make it or not is dependant on my finances which I have to say are not very good at the moment :([/quote]

If you have the [i]time[/i], the money can be arranged. For I have big blue eyes and people in my personal circle with a weak spot for young Catholics. ;)

Edited by VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='WisdomSeeker' post='1887020' date='Jun 9 2009, 02:59 PM']It is the Ware Carmel at Ware Park, Ware, Herts. I am in contact via email at the moment with one of the sisters there and I am in the process of finding out about the buses to get there :)[/quote]

Transport Direct is a brilliant site and gives you public transport details for most of Britain. The link is [url="http://www.transportdirect.info/"]here[/url]

WisdomSeeker

[quote name='rosamundi' post='1888940' date='Jun 12 2009, 01:54 PM']Transport Direct is a brilliant site and gives you public transport details for most of Britain. The link is [url="http://www.transportdirect.info/"]here[/url][/quote]

[size=3]Many, many thanks rosamundi, that has really helped me :D[/size]

WisdomSeeker

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1888923' date='Jun 12 2009, 10:58 AM']If you have the [i]time[/i], the money can be arranged. For I have big blue eyes and people in my personal circle with a weak spot for young Catholics. ;)[/quote]

:)) Thank you. I am looking at things at the moment to see if I can do a bit of strategic juggling :)

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='WisdomSeeker' post='1889040' date='Jun 12 2009, 06:21 PM']:)) Thank you. I am looking at things at the moment to see if I can do a bit of strategic juggling :)[/quote]

Rosamundi is coming, too :)