An Old School Catholic Message Board

Summer/winter "come & See"s

laetitia crucis

laetitia crucis

This summer (since I live in the western hemisphere :cool: ) I'll be visiting the [url="http://www.marymediatrix.com/religious-life/franciscan-sisters-of-the-immaculate/"]Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate[/url] in New Bedford, Mass. for about two weeks. :love: Also, if time and travel permits, I'm hoping to visit some contemplatives (Poor Clares, if possible).

If you don't mind my asking, how about you? :))

Maybe a few of us will run into each other -- wouldn't that be nice? :console:

:sign: :pray: :saint:

puellapaschalis

Pretty soon I'm going for a live-in for a few weeks, which I guess is a kind of come a see, although more like a come and see yet more ;)

Although I think the fact that the upcoming months are Summer for you has more to do with the fact that you're in the Northern Hemisphere, rather than the Western. I'm in the Eastern (just!) but we're heading into Summer too :smokey:

InHisLove726

I'm doing more than "Come and See", but I think it applies here. I'll be going to the St. Joseph's Carmelite Home for Girls to work with the Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus in East Chicago! I'm leaving next Saturday (Yay!) and coming back on June 26th! :) I'm so excited!

tinytherese

In the later half of this month I'll be doing a come and see weekend with the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist.

VeniteAdoremus

My father is going to come and see my sisters for a weekend, does this count? :)

In The Arms of The Lord

June 4th-8th i'll be in Buffalo NY at the Carmelite Monastery. I'm excited to find out what Jesus has planned for this visit. All I ask is that all will happen according to His will. I trust it will.

Blessings to you all! :)

puellapaschalis

[quote name='shadowedseraph' post='1862606' date='May 9 2009, 04:22 PM']I'm off to COLW in the UK next week :) Hope it goes alright

:bigpray:[/quote]

Prayers for you!

laetitia crucis

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1861986' date='May 8 2009, 05:53 PM']Although I think the fact that the upcoming months are Summer for you has more to do with the fact that you're in the Northern Hemisphere, rather than the Western. I'm in the Eastern (just!) but we're heading into Summer too :smokey:[/quote]

Ah -- this is true -- good point and thank you!!! :cool:

Hope your "come and see yet more" goes well! ;) I like that wording. :thumbsup:

laetitia crucis

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1862539' date='May 9 2009, 05:29 AM']My father is going to come and see my sisters for a weekend, does this count? :)[/quote]

As they'd say here in NYC, "That's mad cool." :twothumbsup: As for me, I think that's quite fabulous!

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='laetitia crucis' post='1863616' date='May 10 2009, 10:40 PM']As they'd say here in NYC, "That's mad cool." :twothumbsup: As for me, I think that's quite fabulous![/quote]

I took my mum there last year because she was a bit worried about me and she was completely charmed by the Sisters. My dad actually wants me to be a Sister, so the only thing I'm scared about is that he won't leave ;)

she_who_is_not

I'll be visiting the Sisters of Christian Charity in Mendham New Jersey sometime in the fall.

kavalamyself

So far I have the following plans:
Poor Clares - Santa Barbara, Los Altos Hills and Belleville
And I am trying to plan visits with other Monasteries in the areas as I travel...hopefully the Dominicans in Hollywood, Menlo Park and the Pink Nuns in St. Louis! But this will be summer and fall and maybe into winter.

InHisLove726

[quote name='kavalamyself' post='1864899' date='May 12 2009, 02:21 AM']So far I have the following plans:
Poor Clares - Santa Barbara, Los Altos Hills and Belleville
And I am trying to plan visits with other Monasteries in the areas as I travel...hopefully the Dominicans in Hollywood, Menlo Park and the Pink Nuns in St. Louis! But this will be summer and fall and maybe into winter.[/quote]

My friend, Gabrielle, visited the Poor Clares of Santa Barbara in February. She found out she is not meant to be cloistered, but she said they were absolutely beautiful! :))