An Old School Catholic Message Board

Summer/winter "come & See"s

laetitia crucis

puellapaschalis

In about a month's time I'm off for my live-in.

And it can't come soon enough!!

laetitia crucis

Has anyone ever visited the[url="http://capuchinsisters.com"] Capuchin Sisters of Nazareth[/url]?

:detective: If so, how did it go? What should one expect when visiting? :idontknow:

I'm hoping to visit them sometime next month. :D

puellapaschalis

[quote name='laetitia crucis' post='1871198' date='May 20 2009, 12:28 AM']Has anyone ever visited the[url="http://capuchinsisters.com"] Capuchin Sisters of Nazareth[/url]?

:detective: If so, how did it go? What should one expect when visiting? :idontknow:

I'm hoping to visit them sometime next month. :D[/quote]

No clue, but a mate of mine is heading over to the States in the Summer to visit them, I think :)

DiscerningSoul

[quote name='shortnun' post='1867911' date='May 15 2009, 11:14 AM']I'll start pre-postulate in August. So it's kinda like a three month long come & see. :banana: :taco: :banana: :taco: :banana: :taco:[/quote]
Good way to see it!
I am hoping to enter sometime in Sept.

Marieteresa

yes a friend of mine discerned with them a few years ago and she suggested that I checked them out as well. I see they have updated their website...a great community you must check them out.

[quote name='laetitia crucis' post='1871198' date='May 19 2009, 06:28 PM']Has anyone ever visited the[url="http://capuchinsisters.com"] Capuchin Sisters of Nazareth[/url]?

I'm hoping to visit them sometime next month. :D[/quote]

InHisLove726

Since my discernment with the Carmelite DCJ order didn't work out, I'm looking at visiting the Little Sisters of the Poor in Mobile, AL next month. Also, I'm looking for a job right now, and I really want to go to the Profession Ceremony in Queens, NY to meet them all. Please keep me in your prayers!

puellapaschalis
:bounce:

I'm being shifty and not saying anything. But I'm getting really excited - that much I can let myself say :))

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1875694' date='May 26 2009, 03:07 PM']Since my discernment with the Carmelite DCJ order didn't work out, I'm looking at visiting the Little Sisters of the Poor in Mobile, AL next month. Also, I'm looking for a job right now, and I really want to go to the Profession Ceremony in Queens, NY to meet them all. Please keep me in your prayers![/quote]

I lost my flier, but I know there's a huge discernment retreat that the Little Sisters are hosting up in New York sometime this summer. I don't know if it's passed already or not, but it would be worth looking into/asking about.

InHisLove726

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' post='1875757' date='May 26 2009, 03:06 PM']I lost my flier, but I know there's a huge discernment retreat that the Little Sisters are hosting up in New York sometime this summer. I don't know if it's passed already or not, but it would be worth looking into/asking about.[/quote]

It starts on May 31st, I believe, but I don't have the money to go on it right now. Plus, I think the retreat slots are filled. :) When I talked to the Sisters by email, neither one mentioned it, either. That's ok, though. I can't afford it. :D