An Old School Catholic Message Board

Countdown With Me!

InHisLove726

InHisLove726

Only [b]6[/b] more days! I've finished like 95% of my shopping, and I have the uniforms (pastel polos and khakis). I need to get my hair cut (it grows like a weed, and I can't imagine what it will look like when I get back if I don't get it cut! LOL!), buy personal products, and make sure I have everything. I plan to start packing early in the week because I hate waiting until the last minute! I got an email from one of the Sisters--Sr. Paula Maria--and she is going to be there in the second week (I met her before), so it will be really nice to know one person a little more (please pray for her because she is graduating with her Bachelors in Nursing on the same day I leave!). Plus, one of my friends here is coming! It will be so nice to meet you, Rachel. ;)

This week, I intend to go to Mass everyday and Adoration several times during the week. I have a meeting with my spiritual director 3 days before I leave, so that should really help. :)

Other than that, I am really excited! I plan to have a meeting with Sr. Maria Giuseppe the Sunday after I arrive and talk to her about work before Monday (when my work period begins). Since I don't start working 'til Monday, it will be nice to relax and get some rest before jumping in to the daycare! :)

I've talked to "In The Arms of the Lord" (aka Moriah), and she has agreed to post my updates here for me! Thank you so much, Moriah!

InHisLove726

[quote name='shadowedseraph' post='1863448' date='May 10 2009, 09:26 AM']squeeeeee! i'm so excited for you :bigpray:[/quote]

Hehe! Thank you!

Yay! Only 5 more days!!! :))

InHisLove726

Getting closer! Only 4 more days! I finally got my hair cut today. :) My mom hemmed some pants she bought me, so now it's a question of packing everything! :)

In The Arms of The Lord

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1865730' date='May 12 2009, 11:36 PM']Only 3 more days!!! :) Time to really start getting packed![/quote]

It's coming so soon! I'm sure for you it's not soon enough. :)

Are you going to live at the Convent like a postulant? Following their schedule?

InHisLove726

[quote name='In The Arms of The Lord' post='1866373' date='May 13 2009, 04:39 PM']It's coming so soon! I'm sure for you it's not soon enough. :)

Are you going to live at the Convent like a postulant? Following their schedule?[/quote]

LOL, it's actually too soon. :)) I'll be living in the Casa Maria for postulants and young sisters. They use it for guest rooms too. I am not sure yet whether I'll be on their same schedule or not. I hope I am, but I was told I would be working full-time in the Home so that I could get the money together in a matter of weeks. So we'll see!

Just 2 more days!!! I've got my carry-on suitcase packed already, and now, I have to dig out the BIG suitcase from the heap of stuff in the garage and pack that as well. :))

I talked to my spiritual director today, and he was a little late for our appointment, so while I waited for him, I went to Adoration. I was planning to go afterwards, but it was nice to go before to get recollected in my thoughts. :D