An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kanye West On Religion And Jesus Christ

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1866082' date='May 13 2009, 11:05 AM']Aparently this has turned into a "tear Kanye by the threads", I ain't gonna get into that...[/quote]

I'm not into that either and that wasn't the intent I had by starting the thread.

Edited by Guest

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1866086' date='May 13 2009, 08:08 AM']I'm not into that either and that wasn't the intent I had by starting the thread.[/quote]

you have to admit that's kinda what it turned into thou... wit the whole "con ya" and other comments that had nothing to do with his interview. What if Kanye was to see this thread, what would his view of catholics be? Not saying I'm perfect, but being truthful, we're told to be blameless, and comments like that are just fueling the kanye hatred if you ask me.

Reza

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1866106' date='May 13 2009, 11:18 AM']you have to admit that's kinda what it turned into thou... wit the whole "con ya" and other comments that had nothing to do with his interview. What if Kanye was to see this thread, what would his view of catholics be? Not saying I'm perfect, but being truthful, we're told to be blameless, and comments like that are just fueling the kanye hatred if you ask me.

Reza[/quote]

The only commet I made that was negative was the con - ye.
I can't help what other people wrote and felt.
And the only reason I wrote that was because a poster said they felt kanye was a fraud.
And I just mentioned the fact that if you replace the k with a c you have " con-ye"
And to keep it real Kanye did con a buncha folks into thinking he was a christian and loved the lord when in all reality it seems he doesnt. But again If you read my comments you will see that I defended Kanye. Peace.

Edited by Guest

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1866113' date='May 13 2009, 09:21 AM']The only commet I made that was negative was the con - ye.
I can't help what other people wrote and felt.
And the only reason I wrote that was because a poster said they felt kanye was a fraud.
And I just mentioned the fact that if you replace the k with a c you have " con-ye"
And to keep it real Kanye did con a buncha folks into thinking he was a devout christian and loved the lord when in all reality it seems he doesnt. But again If you read my comments you will see that I defended Kanye. Peace.[/quote]

What do you mean? He never claimed to be "devout"! Listen to his whole first album, would a Christian do a song about oral sex? Would a Christian curse in his songs? Nobody that truely was a Christian took him seriously...atleast none I know... but again...we're not supposed to fight hatred with hatred. We're supposed to overcome evil with that which is Good and that's all I'm saying.

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1866118' date='May 13 2009, 11:24 AM']What do you mean? He never claimed to be "devout"! Listen to his whole first album, would a Christian do a song about oral sex? Would a Christian curse in his songs? Nobody that truely was a Christian took him seriously...atleast none I know... but again...we're not supposed to fight hatred with hatred. We're supposed to overcome evil with that which is Good and that's all I'm saying.[/quote]

Ok devout was obviously the wrong word. And Im not fighting hatred with hatered. I'm not even hating on kanye. I'm not kissing his feet either. I like his music and I bump it. I hope he finds the Lord. I bought his cds so he went to the bank off me. So It's all good.

Edited by Guest

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1866118' date='May 13 2009, 11:24 AM']Nobody that truely was a Christian took him seriously[/quote]

I took him serious and I still do take him serious. Being someone that completly lost my faith I know it can happen. Faith is a real thing and I know how the devil can steal that from you. Jesus Walks was a moving song and I do believe that came from the mans heart. I do believe he had faith but I believe the world has stolen his faith from him. I hope Kanye gets it back and I cant wait till that evil serpent named lucifer is cast into hell. Bottom line is if Kanye really loves God and seeks him with his whole heart he'll come back to that life saving faith that is avaible through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Edited by Guest

HisChildForever

Kanye West is a horrible singer. His vocals are digitally played with on tracts, but watch clips of him singing live. Good grief. Plenty of his songs are sexual too by the way - the kind where the woman is degraded into a sex object.

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1866201' date='May 13 2009, 01:33 PM']Plenty of his songs are sexual too by the way - the kind where the woman is degraded into a sex object.[/quote]

No doubt he's been doing those type of songs since his first cd. The reason I posted this was not to show how "awful" Kanye is but to show how the man has lost his faith. I was really suprised to read this because I thought he had a sincere faith In Christ. Now I really dont know if he ever did ? My gut says he did but the devil and the world stole it away from him.

On a side note I'm sorry about the "con" remark. It was out of line.

Edited by Guest

RezaMikhaeil

...but again... would a faithful christian talk about women as such and talk about immoral sexual acts as such? If all it takes to be a serious christian is one track, listen to Puff Daddy's album, "forever" in which he has a song praising God too and its more sincere then Kanye's JEsus Walks.

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1866242' date='May 13 2009, 01:27 PM']...but again... would a faithful christian talk about women as such and talk about immoral sexual acts as such? If all it takes to be a serious christian is one track, listen to Puff Daddy's album, "forever" in which he has a song praising God too and its more sincere then Kanye's JEsus Walks.[/quote]

Peace and love to you bro. As far as getting into wether or not he was a serious christian that's not my place to judge. I used to be really guilty of judging and bearing false witness but I have repented of this and I wont go back to it. I'm glad you called me out about the " con ye " remark because in all truth it wasn't necessary and I shouldn't have said it. That was the only remark I made though to not build up Kanye and again I'm sorry for it and see the error in it and I'm glad you pointed it out.

Ok now back to what you were saying. As far as Kanye being sincere when he came out with Jesus Walks, I would like to think he was ? I hope he didn't do it just to sell records because if he did then indeed he is a con. Just because his record was filled with garbage doesn't necessarily mean he didn't have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. A verse in romans comes to mind when Paul says "What shall we say, that those not pursuing righeousness achieved it ? And those who were pursuing righeousness didnt achieve it ? Because they did it not through faith but rather they tried to achieve it through works. And those not pursuing righteousness achieved it which is the righteousness that comes from faith. (I know I quoted that wrong but I got the gist of it)

So I dont know if he ever had faith ? I dont know if Diddy has faith ? I think diddy does have faith but like you say he sure doesn't do a good job of showing it. I know I wouldn't want to be him when I stand before God on judgement day that is for sure. But the thing is if Diddy does really have faith in Christ that counts for something. Since that means he also has life saving grace. Now it's another question if he has works to keep the grace active or if he's rejected it. Only God knows that ? The scary thing about Kanye is that he has lost his faith in Christ rissen from the grave all together. So now he has no way of pleasing God because without faith God cannot be pleased. That is why I think it's so tragic the situation Kanye is in right now and he for sure needs all of our prayers.

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1865937' date='May 13 2009, 03:13 PM']This part was by pastor mase. lol
I remember Era Might saying the " I am rich " part made him cringe.[/quote]

Aaah. I see.

Thanks for the correction.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1866206' date='May 13 2009, 07:36 PM']On a side note I'm sorry about the "con" remark. It was out of line.[/quote]

I thought it was funny [i]then[/i], and [i]still[/i] think it's funny now.

“Con ye” ::. heh heh

[quote name='ariaane' post='1866256' date='May 13 2009, 01:43 PM']I thought it was funny [i]then[/i], and [i]still[/i] think it's funny now.

“Con ye” ::. heh heh[/quote]

But I do see the point of how it's not building him up. We can't tear Kanye down that is not our job as faithfull servents of Christ.

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1866118' date='May 13 2009, 05:24 PM']What do you mean? He never claimed to be "devout"! Listen to his whole first album, would a Christian do a song about oral sex?[/quote]

Yes, this Con ye does have a preoccupation with sodomy of all sorts.

There are rumours of him being a homosexual emanating from other notorious rappers.

I wouldn’t be shocked if there is truth in this, considering that men who are infatuated with sodomite practices tend to have intense [i]“man love”[/i] concerns, and the “downlow” is hardly an uncommon occurrence amongst our black American brothers...

[quote name='ariaane' post='1866261' date='May 13 2009, 01:50 PM']and the “downlow” is hardly an uncommon occurrence amongst our black American brothers...[/quote]

What do you mean by this ? I dont get it.