An Old School Catholic Message Board

Three New Postulants!

Veritas

+

Enjoy!

[url="http://www.benedictinesofmary.org/site.php?id=57"]http://www.benedictinesofmary.org/site.php?id=57[/url]

InHisLove726

[quote name='Veritas' post='1875770' date='May 26 2009, 03:17 PM']+

Enjoy!

[url="http://www.benedictinesofmary.org/site.php?id=57"]http://www.benedictinesofmary.org/site.php?id=57[/url][/quote]

Very nice! I love that they are all wearing what appears to be a Miraculous Medal. :D

InHisLove726

Yep, that's exactly what it is! From their website about the postulancy phase in discernment:

[quote]The first step of formation is admittance as a postulant. The word postulant comes from postulare, to ask or to demand a chance. The aspirant requests admittance as such, and begins to live with the community. She receives a Miraculous Medal, which continues to be worn through each stage of our life, wears a black dress with a leather belt, and a short veil during postulancy. No commitments are exchanged. She is given a course in basic spiritual and doctrinal principles, and learns the ropes of day-to-day living. The postulant is asking God and asking the community to receive her into this particular family. If, after several months she has discerned that she “belongs,” she may ask to be clothed in the habit and be admitted as a novice.[/quote]

:D

puellapaschalis

Yes yes, the Benedictines are cool. We know this. What I'm really interested in is HOW VERITAS IS AND WHERE SHE'S BEEN!!!

the lords sheep

Wonderful!

Random Q: (because I notice things like this) Did anyone notice how all three are crossing their arms the same way?

puellapaschalis

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1875812' date='May 26 2009, 10:57 PM']Wonderful!

Random Q: (because I notice things like this) Did anyone notice how all three are crossing their arms the same way?[/quote]

As a guess, it was/is the way postulants would hold their arms "back in the days" when their dresses had those cape thingies (as we see on the habits of Dominican friars, but perhaps a bit longer). I guess they'd be nicely tucked out of sight if you hold your arms like that.

Or maybe I've just seen [i]A Nun's Story[/i] one too many times.

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1875781' date='May 26 2009, 02:53 PM']Yes yes, the Benedictines are cool. We know this. What I'm really interested in is HOW VERITAS IS AND WHERE SHE'S BEEN!!![/quote]

+

lol. Thanks, PP. After leaving parish ministry last summer, I've kind of spent the year reclaiming my life. I didn't do very well balancing the ora et labora during my parish employment! So, it's been a great year with lots of friends and family and real, authentic, humble, prayer!

I just began dating a few months ago and there's someone serious in the picture now. :-) He's really great and holy. :-) And, of course, he discerned his vocation all over creation, too! It's good to see you. :-D

InHisLove726

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1875812' date='May 26 2009, 04:57 PM']Wonderful!

Random Q: (because I notice things like this) Did anyone notice how all three are crossing their arms the same way?[/quote]

LOL, I wondered that too! :bigthink:

loveletslive

they look totally awkward with their hands folded :) too bad their veils don't cover their ears

[quote name='loveletslive' post='1876124' date='May 26 2009, 10:37 PM']they look totally awkward with their hands folded :) too bad their veils don't cover their ears[/quote]

+

Hmmm... I don't think so. Perhaps one just gets used to it. :-)

They remind me of Our Lady holding the Baby Jesus! :-D

TotusTuusMaria

i think they are so beautiful!

I love their postualancy dress.

I noticed the hand thing too. All of the postulants seem to have their hands crossed like that in pictures on their website. its just something they do, i guess. its cute.

I really love the miraculous medal.

AbsconditaInDeo

I also really love their postulant dresses. There's is one of the nicest I've seen.

You know, I'm really interested to see what the postulant dresses for the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Church will look like. I heard that the first group of postulants will be entering in July :)