An Old School Catholic Message Board

You've Got To See This! :))

rose wrought of iron

princessgianna

[quote name='rose wrought of iron' post='1884278' date='Jun 5 2009, 01:37 PM']If y'all want I'll post my speech tomorrow/Sunday. :cool:
It's very short... :unsure: :idontknow:[/quote]
YES PLEASE! :bounce: can't wait!

You'll do AWESOME!!!

rose wrought of iron

So I am now officially out of high school!!!!! :woot: :woot: Got the diploma and all to prove it!!! :)) :))

...so who wants to see my speech? :detective:

rose wrought of iron

TAAA-DAAAAHHH!!!! :cool:

It’s been four years since I walked into (my) High School as a scared freshman; knowing hardly anyone, clueless as to where my classes were, getting lost even in this small school. It wasn’t always easy as new students, especially those that are shy, are often teased by their peers; however it became easier as I made friends and began to build a place for myself. Every word, every action was like a brick constructing a path to my future. Sometimes I wondered if I was constructing a bridge to walk across or a wall to hide behind. But of this I am sure; I was not alone. Each and every one of us has done so, forming our framework with bricks that we have gathered since we were born – whether we were aware of it or not. Meeting new friends, starting a new school year, a birthday; all these made strong, beautiful bricks comprised of the happiness in our lives. But life isn’t always like that, is it? There is sadness too, and hurt; the death of a loved one, the disappointment of failure, the betrayal of someone you called ‘friend.’ But by going through the fire of the ovens and the kilns, the bricks that survive this ordeal without cracking or shattering are the strongest and most beautiful, giving our paths the most character, even turning them into a work of art.

Dorothy Day, activist and promoter of social reform, said that “we must lay one brick at a time, take one step at a time.” So we must lay our own paths – each in their own way and in their own direction – to wherever we want to go; forging the path to our future. And so I leave you, class of 2009, to take your life, brick by brick, and build something wonderful. Thank you.

---------------------------------

So for the quote, I googled quotes about life and bricks and this lady came up - she's actually a Catholic convert who it said was on the ballot for beatification. Going to check her out now. :smokey:

And yes, it was very short - I stretched it out to about two minutes. :lol_roll: But they only gave me about 3-4 days to write it, so I think I did pretty good. :)

Edited by rose wrought of iron

rose wrought of iron
:yahoo:

It met with my English teacher's stamp of approval previously, so I think it's one of my more well written pieces since the AP tests. Granted, some of the sentences were a little funny, but I wanted them to sound natural as I was speaking them without their being too repetitive, so...

Thanks. Glad you guys enjoyed it. :))

Now I've got to get some sleep because Mass is at 9am tomorrow. :bye:

princessgianna

[quote name='rose wrought of iron' post='1885228' date='Jun 6 2009, 10:55 PM']So I am now officially out of high school!!!!! :woot: :woot: Got the diploma and all to prove it!!! :)) :))

...so who wants to see my speech? :detective:[/quote]
:rasies hand: ohh ohh me!!!!!! PICK MEE!!!! :strecthed hand up to the sky:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1885243' date='Jun 6 2009, 11:14 PM']I love it!! :))[/quote]
iawc