An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Considering Entering The Franciscans Of The Immaculate

OraProMe

ha
Actually I studied the life of St. Ignatius Loyala and read a lot about the Jesuit order and was like "wow :o this is perfect!". Intellectual, devoted to the Pope and the Sacred Heart, I could even become a teacher.

But then I started speaking to a few jesuits and visited a jesuit run church and realized a lot has changed....

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='OraProMe' post='1879566' date='May 31 2009, 09:18 PM']ha
Actually I studied the life of St. Ignatius Loyala and read a lot about the Jesuit order and was like "wow :o this is perfect!". Intellectual, devoted to the Pope and the Sacred Heart, I could even become a teacher.

But then I started speaking to a few jesuits and visited a jesuit run church and realized a lot has changed....[/quote]

Heh. Such is true.

But I actually know quite a few really good Jesuits. It's slowly but surely (I hope) turning around.

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' post='1879583' date='May 31 2009, 08:42 PM']Heh. Such is true.

But I actually know quite a few really good Jesuits. It's slowly but surely (I hope) turning around.[/quote]

hahaha.
I just remember how angry I felt inside when he changed the wording of the Mass and the way he looked at me when I extended my tongue for communion.

-sigh-

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1878943' date='May 30 2009, 10:51 PM']Instead of taking persistent jabs at him about his SSA, you should be encouraging and praying for him, as we all should. Only a Vocation Director or Spiritual Director should make the call on who should or should not enter a vocation because of a disordered desire.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
:yes: yes. this.

and speaking as a moderator, a gentle reminder that this is NOT the debate table.

prayers for you, Ora. :)

[quote name='OraProMe' post='1879662' date='May 31 2009, 10:32 PM']hahaha.
I just remember how angry I felt inside when he changed the wording of the Mass and the way he looked at me when I extended my tongue for communion.

-sigh-[/quote]

Yeah, many Jesuits are far from traditional, and that is nothing new. Teilhard de Chardin was a Jesuit. But then, so was [url="http://www.therealpresence.org/archives/archives.htm"]Father Hardon[/url]. So, they're not all bad!

I can understand being hesitant to get involved with the order, though, despite sincere interest in St. Ignatius of Loyola. A more generic way of following in the saint's footsteps is to do the Spiritual Exercises.

I'll be teaching at a Jesuit school next year, and I'm looking forward to it. They have a great reputation for education, and I'm sure I can learn a lot from their model.

Edited by MithLuin