An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Considering Entering The Franciscans Of The Immaculate

OraProMe

InHisLove726

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1878936' date='May 31 2009, 12:46 AM']Unless you are a moderator, you should not tell me not to post anywhere in phatmass.[/quote]

Instead of taking persistent jabs at him about his SSA, you should be encouraging and praying for him, as we all should. Only a Vocation Director or Spiritual Director should make the call on who should or should not enter a vocation because of a disordered desire.

On another note, I will be praying for you OraProMe. If you truly have a vocation, God will find a way! I'll ask St. Francis to intercede for you. God bless!

InHisLove726

[quote name='OraProMe' post='1878946' date='May 31 2009, 12:53 AM']Thankyou, InHisLove

:D

prayers for all of you too[/quote]

No problem, my brother in Christ. :) Please pray for me too as I start contact with the Vocation Director of the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal. :D

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1878948' date='May 30 2009, 11:54 PM']No problem, my brother in Christ. :) Please pray for me too as I start contact with the Vocation Director of the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal. :D[/quote]

Ahhhh I would have loved to become a friar of the renewal!
But them being in America and me being in Australia...........

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='OraProMe' post='1878972' date='May 31 2009, 02:07 AM']Ahhhh I would have loved to become a friar of the renewal!
But them being in America and me being in Australia...........[/quote]

Ever consider traversing the wide open seas to America?

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' post='1878974' date='May 31 2009, 12:09 AM']Ever consider traversing the wide open seas to America?[/quote]

But America is the land of satan D:

No but seriously, I have. There are some great orders in the America's and Europe. In Australia we have a lot of the old ones that have abandoned much of their heritage but none of these beautiful new ones like the Legion of Christ, Franciscans of the Renewal etc.

The main problem I thought would be getting to know the order before entering. I can't really afford to make multiple trips across the world to check out a few monasteries and have meetings with the various vocation directors.

InHisLove726

[quote name='OraProMe' post='1878977' date='May 31 2009, 01:16 AM']But America is the land of satan D:

No but seriously, I have. There are some great orders in the America's and Europe. In Australia we have a lot of the old ones that have abandoned much of their heritage but none of these beautiful new ones like the Legion of Christ, Franciscans of the Renewal etc.

The main problem I thought would be getting to know the order before entering. I can't really afford to make multiple trips across the world to check out a few monasteries and have meetings with the various vocation directors.[/quote]

If it makes you feel any better, the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal have twins from "Down Under"!! They are Br. Francesco and Br. Felice. I met Br. Francesco this past week and he was just back from a trip from visiting Australia and his parents. He seriously looked jet-lagged. LOL!

That's the group inspired by Max Kolbe, is it not? I've heard good things. And of course many Franciscans are 'just a brother' - that's very normal in those groups. Sorry I don't have any particular advice, just to keep praying about it, and don't be discouraged!

As far as groups in other countries go, you could always contact them by writing. If you are truly interested, perhaps the correspondance would eventually lead to a visit, or even an aspirancy. But at the very least, you could initiate the conversation by writing.

Edited by MithLuin

InHisLove726

[quote name='MithLuin' post='1879111' date='May 31 2009, 03:01 AM']That's the group inspired by Max Kolbe, is it not? I've heard good things. And of course many Franciscans are 'just a brother' - that's very normal in those groups. Sorry I don't have any particular advice, just to keep praying about it, and don't be discouraged!

As far as groups in other countries go, you could always contact them by writing. If you are truly interested, perhaps the correspondance would eventually lead to a visit, or even an aspirancy. But at the very least, you could initiate the conversation by writing.[/quote]

That's a very good idea. At the very least, OraProMe, write a letter to both the FI and CFR orders. You never know where the Holy Spirit may lead!

Happy Feast of the Pentacost! :D

puellapaschalis

Keep on praying :)

If there are things that need to be sorted out before or during application (and believe me, everyone has at least something), you can rest assured with an order like the FI your Novice Master would do a really good and thorough job of making sure that happened. It's far from easy, and for some it'd be harder than for others, but if this is God's vocation for you, then He will make it possible if you surrender to His will.

I hope it works out :) Keep us posted!

Marie-Therese

OraProMe, I will most certainly offer prayers for your discernment. :)

And, just to offer a thought, have you ever contemplated a Carmelite order? I am not sure if your attraction to the Franciscans is due to the habit and the choice of rite or if there is a greater love of the Franciscan spirituality...the Franciscans are certainly an amazing order. The reason I ask is that the Carmelite charism is focused on intense prayer and penitential offerings for the salvation of the world. (In the way of full disclosure, I definitely am a Carmelite at heart, so you might say I'm a bit biased :) ) However, knowing you from your postings and knowing your intellectual bent as well as your intense spiritual questionings, I think you might consider it as an option. Offering your personal sufferings to His cross as a way of fulfilling Our Lady of Fatima's request to pray and do penance for others might be a great spiritual enrichment for you.

But of course, the Franciscans are amazing too. ;)

In any event, I will pray for your vocation, and I know that God will lead you to the place He desires you to be.

Pax Christi!
Peyton

InHisLove726

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1879302' date='May 31 2009, 03:10 PM']Stop trying to make everyone a Carmelite! You've already won the poll! :annoyed: :lol_roll:[/quote]

LOL, looks like the baton has been passed! I'm still a Carmelite at heart, but the Franciscans have my soul! :lol_roll:

puellapaschalis

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1879308' date='May 31 2009, 09:14 PM']LOL, looks like the baton has been passed! I'm still a Carmelite at heart, but the Franciscans have my soul! :lol_roll:[/quote]

Have you noticed how we seem to have a penchant for kidnapping threads like this?

Sorry OraProMe :unsure:

(ever considered becoming a Benedictine? :deal: )

InHisLove726

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1879334' date='May 31 2009, 03:46 PM']Have you noticed how we seem to have a penchant for kidnapping threads like this?

Sorry OraProMe :unsure:

(ever considered becoming a Benedictine? :deal: )[/quote]

:hijack: Aargh, matey!

:lol_roll: