An Old School Catholic Message Board

Emailed The Vocation Director :)

Maria Faustina

Maria Faustina

Hola,

So I just now got the guts to email the Vocation Director of the Nashville Dominicans!! I definetly have to thank dominicansoul for all of her amazing help!! I just wanted to specifically ask everyone for lots and lots and lots of prayers over the next few days for a response and for my vocation in general. Muchas gracias!!

In Christ,
Maria Faustina

InHisLove726

Great! :) You'll be in my prayers! Please pray for me, too, because I am sending my "come and see" application to the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal tomorrow. :D

TeresaBenedicta

Prayers!

Sr. Mary Emily is wonderful. She came to my campus for a visit in January and I spent a good amount of time with her. I hope you have a good and fruitful correspondence.

the lords sheep

Yea! She's great. She'll get back to you relatively quickly, too (ie- in a couple weeks :) )
Stay patient and keep praying!

dominicansoul

prayers for you, my dear little sister in St. Dominic! I was happy to help. Keep the faith, and remember whatever the response, God's will be done!

:)

In The Arms of The Lord

My prayers are with you!

I remember the first time I contacted Mother Miriam. They don't use computers, and I already got a letter and information booklet in the mail. A long time later (a very long time later) I called her. I still remember the conversation ...it wasn't much of a conversation. I was so nervous and I didn't know what to say, I didn't say much at all. There was many long moments of silence. The Lord had kept in my mind to contact her again, I couldn't stop thinking about it. As time went by and I was in contact with her more, I felt more comfortable and started asking more and more questions. The second time I called her I already had written on a piece of paper questions to ask. I thought that I would be so nervous again that if I didn't write them down I wouldn't have said anything! :)

Our most kind and gentle Jesus always has a way for everything to work out the way He has planned.

Good luck with your discernment and God bless you! I'm happy and excited for you!

Edited by In The Arms of The Lord

Maria Faustina

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1881043' date='Jun 2 2009, 09:13 AM']Yea! She's great. She'll get back to you relatively quickly, too (ie- in a couple weeks :) )
Stay patient and keep praying![/quote]

Hahaha I learned that Dominicans, at least the Nashville Dominicans, aren't the fastest responders :) , but, only because they do put very sincere and honest answers in their emails. Also, they probably have quite a few people emailing them which is always a very good thing! :))

Maria Faustina

[quote name='Hilde' post='1881086' date='Jun 2 2009, 11:13 AM']Hi. What was the letter about?[/quote]

I had to email Sr. Mary Emily, O.P. of the Nashville Dominicans to explain to her my special situation with high school, and I also requested to start a dialogue with her, make retreats, and possibly meet with her sometime this summer as I will be in Nashville. It probably doesn't sound like a very heroic thing I did, but the Holy Spirit definetly helped me get some extra guts on Pentecost :)) God is soo good! Now all I have to do is wait, because everything is in Jesus' hands now! :saint:

loveletslive

yay i LOVE the nashville dominicans! i'm going down there sometime this summer.

if you have any questions you should pm NisiTe, she's entering this august!

[quote name='Maria Faustina' post='1881421' date='Jun 3 2009, 01:04 AM']I had to email Sr. Mary Emily, O.P. of the Nashville Dominicans to explain to her my special situation with high school, and I also requested to start a dialogue with her, make retreats, and possibly meet with her sometime this summer as I will be in Nashville. It probably doesn't sound like a very heroic thing I did, but the Holy Spirit definetly helped me get some extra guts on Pentecost :)) God is soo good! Now all I have to do is wait, because everything is in Jesus' hands now! :saint:[/quote]
That's cool. :cool:
No, I totally get it. I get nervous and put off things like that too. Yup, The HS has definitely helped push me before.

I'm sure having a face to face dialogue will be interesting and helpful. I've never been there before(or in the US in general), but I've seen their website a long time ago. I think it was one of the first sites i saw when I started discerning.

I know a sister named sr.Faustina by the way. :topsy:

Maria Faustina

Ahh I have great news!! Sr. Mary Emily emailed me back and I'm set to talk to her when I go to Nashville in July :)) God is sooooooooo ahhhhmazingly good!!! I'm soo thankful that she didn't immediately tell me no because of my whole situation with graduating high school early! I just can't believe it! Thank youu soo much for your prayers guys!!!! You're all in mine :)

puellapaschalis

[quote name='Maria Faustina' post='1885009' date='Jun 6 2009, 10:39 PM']Ahh I have great news!! Sr. Mary Emily emailed me back and I'm set to talk to her when I go to Nashville in July :)) God is sooooooooo ahhhhmazingly good!!! I'm soo thankful that she didn't immediately tell me no because of my whole situation with graduating high school early! I just can't believe it! Thank youu soo much for your prayers guys!!!! You're all in mine :)[/quote]

:yahoo:

:))