An Old School Catholic Message Board

Emailed The Vocation Director :)

Maria Faustina

[quote name='Maria Faustina' post='1885009' date='Jun 6 2009, 04:39 PM']Ahh I have great news!! Sr. Mary Emily emailed me back and I'm set to talk to her when I go to Nashville in July :)) God is sooooooooo ahhhhmazingly good!!! I'm soo thankful that she didn't immediately tell me no because of my whole situation with graduating high school early! I just can't believe it! Thank youu soo much for your prayers guys!!!! You're all in mine :)[/quote]

Beautiful!! :twothumbsup:

VeniteAdoremus

Totally cool :) Congrats!

Can you explain to a curious foreigner how graduating early works? (In my country that would be madness, although people do -rarely- skip classes. We have centralised exams and not all of them are a piece of cake.)

Maria Faustina

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1885410' date='Jun 7 2009, 03:38 AM']Totally cool :) Congrats!

Can you explain to a curious foreigner how graduating early works? (In my country that would be madness, although people do -rarely- skip classes. We have centralised exams and not all of them are a piece of cake.)[/quote]

Sure!
Ok..so I go to a Charter high school ( a high school on a college campus that allows high school students to take regular college classes) and I just completed my freshmen year. At my middle school, I took 3 high school classes (Algebra 1, English 1, and French 1)and the credits transferred over to my high school transcript. I took 1 college French class this year and am in the process of taking a History college class. With the two extra classes, I now have the same amount of credits on my transcript as someone entering their third year of high school. Technically I am a junior, so if I want, I can either skip senior year (which I will probably do) or I can stay all four years to complete an Associate's Degree-(I'm not sure if there is an equivalent degree outside the US, but it is a degree that certifies that one has completed two years of study-and you can receive them in different fields like the arts, science, Early childhood education,....etc.) So yeahh, not many people choose to leave in 3 years, but when I weigh my two options, I'd rather either go on to a college that has a good theology and philosophy program, or enter the convent.

soo short explanation= It depends on how many classes you've taken and how many credits you've received.

haha that was long....hope that helps :)

VeniteAdoremus

Thanks!

So, yes, that's basically completely different from our system :) We don't have credits, etc, that only starts at university.

Our system is completely inexplicable without diagrams ;) basically we've got three levels of high school and three levels of college (the top two being roughly equivalent to university), and you can move upwards under some circumstances.

They tried to introduce a more American-style high school system in the 80's... epic fail.

But I'll stop hijacking your topic now :)

[quote name='Maria Faustina' post='1880692' date='Jun 1 2009, 10:14 PM']Hola,

So I just now got the guts to email the Vocation Director of the Nashville Dominicans!! I definetly have to thank dominicansoul for all of her amazing help!! I just wanted to specifically ask everyone for lots and lots and lots of prayers over the next few days for a response and for my vocation in general. Muchas gracias!!

In Christ,
Maria Faustina[/quote]

I will be praying for you! I emailed them about 3ish months ago and they are amazing! They helped me some to regain my sense of peace! I am hoping to go visit sometime this fall!

Peace be with you
Ari

Maria Faustina

[quote name='ari020888' post='1886301' date='Jun 8 2009, 11:27 AM']I will be praying for you! I emailed them about 3ish months ago and they are amazing! They helped me some to regain my sense of peace! I am hoping to go visit sometime this fall!

Peace be with you
Ari[/quote]

Yay!! Another Nashville Dominican Lover :)) ! Thanks for your prayers!! You'll be in mine :)