An Old School Catholic Message Board

Twilight Novels

Guest KevinSymonds

Guest KevinSymonds

[quote name='alimarie_11' post='1884958' date='Jun 6 2009, 01:55 PM']there actually pretty ohkay books, but know they're a joke.[/quote]

I'm not so sure. When my article is posted, you'll see more of my thought.

Marie-Therese

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1884710' date='Jun 6 2009, 01:01 AM']Her version of what a vampire is is pretty sad too.[/quote]

HCF, I totally agree. As T Bone noted in posting that poster featuring Kiefer Sutherland from TLB...

Vampires Do. Not. Sparkle.

They are immortal undead blood suckers. They are not misunderstood emo high schoolers who are mutants from some secret DeBeers mine. Also, pardon me if I am mistaken, but don't vampires die in sunlight? I mean, are we supposed to believe that this city is from the parish of Our Lady of the Perpetual Raincloud? Also, if he is so dang sparkly, don't florescent lights count?

I saw some plot areas where there could have been some intriguing development, were this a normal vampire flick, but they lost me at Mr. Sparkles. Also, while a dramatic pause is definitely effective in the correct context, a whole hour and a half of long............dramatic..........pauses wore me out. Good grief. At least there was a fight scene.

heavenseeker

[quote name='alimarie_11' post='1884958' date='Jun 6 2009, 01:55 PM'][u][b]nobody should judge any book based on the movie.[/b][/u]

honestly people, the movie was terrible.

i really loved the books untill the came to be tons of screaming 12-17 year-olds over the "hottie" robert pattinson.

bella is a very interesting character..

there actually pretty ohkay books, but know they're a joke.[/quote]
yeah was not judging the books based on the movie, i know a lot of people that love the books but hate the movie because the movie is so lame

TotusTuusMaria

Alright, so I went and bought the movie friday night and a friend and i watched it... it was so lame. lol "you are like my own personal heroin."

Also we mocked "hold on spidemonkey" and "monkey-man" SO CHEEZY.

And then edward is so rude to her in the little green house and then jogs after her when she is walking out and says, "You know we shouldn't be friends."

Why run after her then? I don't know... it was stupid.

ooo and then guy that is cripple in the wheel chair... billy black, i think. He is driving but then he is in a wheelchair.... lol. made no sense.

unforunately my friend has fallen in infatuation with the character of edward. i have since had to endure the movie seven times and as i type she is over here watching it an eigth time. lol, i'm giving it to her when she leaves :lol: i think i have memorized entire scenes now. :ohno:

[url="http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Patuara/startrekstuff/sparkling.png"]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Patuara/sta...f/sparkling.png[/url]

Edited by Arpy

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Arpy' post='1885238' date='Jun 7 2009, 12:08 AM'][url="http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Patuara/startrekstuff/sparkling.png"]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Patuara/sta...f/sparkling.png[/url][/quote]

van helsing was the worst movie ever.

i still can't get over the friar who was swearing and they said, "You are a friar you can't swear." He says something like "No I can, I am just a monk now." or something like that... it was so stupid.

Edited by TotusTuusMaria

goldenchild17

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1885206' date='Jun 6 2009, 10:27 PM']ooo and then guy that is cripple in the wheel chair... billy black, i think. He is driving but then he is in a wheelchair.... lol. made no sense.[/quote]

not to get off on a tangent, but many people in wheelchairs can drive just fine, I would know ;)

TotusTuusMaria

i thought he was paralyzed from the waste down.

"Billy is in a wheelchair due to diabetes."

Maybe he can drive... anyway, when i noticed i was thrown.

when i wrote that i figured he was paralyzed from the waste down.

didn't know you were in a wheelchair though. sorry if i offended you. :grouphug:

Nihil Obstat

I know it's quite possible to modify a vehicle to drive it by hand. Maybe that's what they did.

goldenchild17

Maybe he was paralyzed from the waste down, I don't remember though. Doesn't really matter though, she might not have pointed it out in her work, but even if you're paralyzed from the waist down you can still drive. Now if it was further progressed and you can't use your hands it would be a different thing, but most people in wheelchairs who can't use their legs and/or feet can get hand controls to power the vehicle. That's what I've used, and I've grown up around many adults who have driven also. Of course, that doesn't apply to all people in wheelchairs, some people have other existing conditions that would make it too difficult to drive, but just being paralyzed itself doesn't preclude anyone from driving.

That said, there are most certainly many plot holes, not to mention somewhat theologically disturbing points in the text. However I did read them and did enjoy them as mindless fiction. The baseball scene in the first movie I loved.

p.s. no offense taken :) - Just thought I'd clear up a pretty common misconception.

TotusTuusMaria

thanks for clearing it up...

one good thing that has come out of this 8th time of watching the movie is i have fallen in love with that song at the time where he draws the venom out of her wrist. and i have learned that he is singing that song and i am rooting for him to leave acting behind and make a cd.

edit: well fallen in love with the sound and the soul... the lyrics i am not crazy about, but there is this other song he sings im really liking...

Edited by TotusTuusMaria

goldenchild17

My brother thinks he should do that too :) I didn't really notice it too much myself, didn't particularly stand out to me.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1885333' date='Jun 7 2009, 12:18 AM']My brother thinks he should do that too :) I didn't really notice it too much myself, didn't particularly stand out to me.[/quote]
Your brother thinks he should su[i][/i]ck vampire venom out of young annoying girls while singing a pretty song?

Edited by Nihil Obstat

goldenchild17

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1885336' date='Jun 7 2009, 12:20 AM']Your brother thinks he should smell of elderberries vampire venom out of young annoying girls while singing a pretty song?[/quote]

hmm I hope not :mellow: I should ask him tomorrow :lol_roll: . No he's kind of a music snob and thinks he's way better with his music than he is an actor.

Edited by goldenchild17

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1885340' date='Jun 7 2009, 12:22 AM']hmm I hope not :mellow: I should ask him tomorrow :lol_roll: . No he's kind of a music snob and thinks he's way better with his music than he is an actor.[/quote]
I'm a music snob too. :saint: