An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Sisters Of Life Novices!

laetitia crucis

laetitia crucis

Yesterday I went to visit one of my good newly-noviced friends at the [url="http://sistersoflife.org/"]Sisters of Life[/url] novitiate in the Bronx. (They entered the Novitiate and received their habits on Thursday, June 4th.) I wish I could remember all their names, but alas, I cannot. :doh: So, instead I bring a two group photos. :photo:

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/sadora/Sr%20AMG/SVngroup2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/sadora/Sr%20AMG/SVngroup1.jpg[/img]

Aren't they bee-u-ti-ful? :love:

-- Edited to link Sisters of Life website. :thumbsup:

Edited by laetitia crucis

johnnydigit

how purty! may God bless their community with many more vocations!

so are those 6 novices or do they wear the same habit as the professed?

InHisLove726

[quote name='johnnydigit' post='1886770' date='Jun 8 2009, 09:32 PM']how purty! may God bless their community with many more vocations!

so are those 6 novices or do they wear the same habit as the professed?[/quote]

They are all novices. :D The way you can tell is if they have the white veil, they are novices, but if they have the white veil with the blue band around the head, they are professed. Perpetually professed Sisters have the medal which is of the Madonna of the Streets. :D

I'm so glad they are still getting a lot of vocations! Their "sister" community (pun intended), the CFR Sisters, are really good friends. They do recreation together very often. :)

I was on retreat with these young women last winter. Sorry, I don't remember any of their names, but I'm so glad (and unsurprised) to see that they all made it to clothing. Would love to know their names.

By the way, their habits are gorgeous, and they make a cool rustling sound when they walk, as though they're wearing petticoats or something. Lovely women.

Edited by DameAgnes

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='DameAgnes' post='1886897' date='Jun 9 2009, 06:53 AM']By the way, their habits are gorgeous, and they make a cool rustling sound when they walk, as though they're wearing petticoats or something. Lovely women.[/quote]

They are. :)

the lords sheep

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1886772' date='Jun 9 2009, 03:37 AM']They are all novices. :D The way you can tell is if they have the white veil, they are novices, but if they have the white veil with the blue band around the head, they are professed. Perpetually professed Sisters have the medal which is of the Madonna of the Streets. :D

I'm so glad they are still getting a lot of vocations! Their "sister" community (pun intended), the CFR Sisters, are really good friends. They do recreation together very often. :)[/quote]

Actually, all professed Sisters wear the medal of the Madonna of the Streets. Perpetually professed wear a ring. :)

I love this community. They're really beautiful.

dominicansoul

one of them is seven77's sister.... but i don't know which one? Does anyone have the names?

Maria_Faustina

Yes, they are beautiful, and their habits are awesome. Sr. Mary Gabriel and one other sister (I forgot your name, I'm sorry!) came to speak at my college. They are just a wonderful community, with a wonderful apostolate. It's great to hear they have this many new vocations! I highly recommend anyone discerning to take a look at them. :)

[quote name='laetitia crucis' post='1886730' date='Jun 8 2009, 09:55 PM']Yesterday I went to visit one of my good newly-noviced friends at the [url="http://sistersoflife.org/"]Sisters of Life[/url] novitiate in the Bronx. (They entered the Novitiate and received their habits on Thursday, June 4th.) I wish I could remember all their names, but alas, I cannot. :doh: So, instead I bring a two group photos. :photo:

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/sadora/Sr%20AMG/SVngroup2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/sadora/Sr%20AMG/SVngroup1.jpg[/img]

Aren't they bee-u-ti-ful? :love:

-- Edited to link Sisters of Life website. :thumbsup:[/quote]

Sadora!? I thought she was with the Matara sisters? She's from Bardstown, KY, isn't she?

Blessings,
Gemma

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1887233' date='Jun 9 2009, 04:33 PM']Ok, I'm really bad at remembering faces - which one is Sadora?[/quote]

I think she's one of the three in the middle of the second pic. One of them sure is short!

Blessings,
Gemma

Edited by Gemma

laetitia crucis

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1887233' date='Jun 9 2009, 04:33 PM']Ok, I'm really bad at remembering faces - which one is Sadora?[/quote]

Actually, none of them is Sadora. :whistle: Why? -- Because [b]I[/b] am. :disguise: :blush:

< :offtopic: >

I guess it's time to step out of the vocation station closet... :bye:

Hi, my name is Sadora and I had entered the SSVM in September 2006, but ended up leaving this past November. To say the least, God had other plans for me (and God-willing, another community) -- to my utmost surprise, shock, and devastation :sadwalk: -- but as always, God is very, very good. :console: :yes: I don't doubt my vocation in the least, but have definitely grown in trust and surrender. I know He has a place for me... I just have to keep searching. :detective: (Please continue to pray for me. :sign: ) And on a side-note, I made a different account as I had a lot of trouble using my old one; plus, I wanted an actual screen-name instead of my real name. :cool:

< :offtopic: />

Okay, back to topic!

The short sister is named Sr. Marie-Noel Maximillian. She's from Canada and she's just about my height -- approximately 5'1". From my vertically challenged perspective, I'd say those others are some very tall sisters. ;) Also, the really tall one of the left bottom picture is my friend (also from Kentucky), and her new name is Sr. Anne Marie Guadalupe.

I wish I could remember more of their names... one of them is Sr. Grace Dominic, another Sr. Mariae Letitia (I love that one), and... :scratchhead: .... I just can't remember... :idontknow:

Anyhoo, there ya go. :)

puellapaschalis

You [i]really[/i] need to meet VA. I want to see a photo of the two of you standing next to each other. Preferably in habits. You can pass it to me through the grille ;)