An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Sisters Of Life Novices!

laetitia crucis

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='laetitia crucis' post='1888586' date='Jun 12 2009, 01:20 AM']Actually, none of them is Sadora. :whistle: Why? -- Because [b]I[/b] am. :disguise: :blush:[/quote]

It must be so weird having people talk about you in the third person! Sometimes we're a right bunch of gossips :)

I actually thought I should join the Sisters of Life because they have a sister with achondroplasia, and together we could quite possibly rule the world. But I want a black veil eventually.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1888605' date='Jun 11 2009, 07:56 PM']You [i]really[/i] need to meet VA. I want to see a photo of the two of you standing next to each other. Preferably in habits. You can pass it to me through the grille ;)[/quote]

:yes: Seriously! I'd love to meet VA in person! I mean, who knows just how crazy God can be...?? If I ever get the chance and happen to have a camera near by --> :photo: :photo: Or perhaps, God in His mysterious ways could put us in the same convent? I mean, one year I did dress up as a Dominican sister for Halloween... :whistle: However, maybe I'll just be missioned in England and get the chance to stop by for some tea and biscuits! ;)

laetitia crucis

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1888649' date='Jun 11 2009, 09:32 PM']It must be so weird having people talk about you in the third person! Sometimes we're a right bunch of gossips :)

I actually thought I should join the Sisters of Life because they have a sister with achondroplasia, and together we could quite possibly rule the world. But I want a black veil eventually.[/quote]

I suppose I find it somewhat touching really. :lol_roll: My first thought was, "Aww, they actually remember me after almost three years!" :sadder: (<-- they need a smiley with a happy tear!) :grouphug:

The Sister of Life with achondroplasia is named Sr. Charlotte -- she's absolutely lovely!! She's the current Postulant Mistress. :love: And I believe the SSVM also has a sister with achondroplasia -- in Brazil, maybe? :scratchhead: Or at least somewhere in South America...I saw a group picture once with her in it. :)

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='laetitia crucis' post='1888766' date='Jun 12 2009, 06:14 AM']:yes: Seriously! I'd love to meet VA in person! I mean, who knows just how crazy God can be...?? If I ever get the chance and happen to have a camera near by --> :photo: :photo: Or perhaps, God in His mysterious ways could put us in the same convent? I mean, one year I did dress up as a Dominican sister for Halloween... :whistle: However, maybe I'll just be missioned in England and get the chance to stop by for some tea and biscuits! ;)[/quote]

I actually deleted the post demanding that you join my community, like, now. (I would really like to have a fellow postulant, though.) But I am willing to settle for tea and biscuits ;)

[quote name='laetitia crucis' post='1888774' date='Jun 12 2009, 06:22 AM']I suppose I find it somewhat touching really. :lol_roll: My first thought was, "Aww, they actually remember me after almost three years!" :sadder: (<-- they need a smiley with a happy tear!) :grouphug:[/quote]

Gemma knows EVERYTHING. *nods gravely* (She just refuses to tell us most things, for fear of scaring us :ninja: )

[quote name='laetitia crucis' post='1888774' date='Jun 12 2009, 06:22 AM']The Sister of Life with achondroplasia is named Sr. Charlotte -- she's absolutely lovely!! She's the current Postulant Mistress. :love: And I believe the SSVM also has a sister with achondroplasia -- in Brazil, maybe? :scratchhead: Or at least somewhere in South America...I saw a group picture once with her in it. :)[/quote]

Now she tells me! :)

Achondroplasia is something like cousins with the little genetic party that led to my height (it has to do with the way cartilage is formed in your body). My doctors usually treated kids with achondroplasia, too (although the condition itself isn't treatable, some side-effects require attention).

"Gemma knows EVERYTHING. *nods gravely* (She just refuses to tell us most things, for fear of scaring us) :ninja:"

OMG--what a complement! What do you want to know? Funny you put the ninja on there--I had a dream where I became one!

I remembered Sadora because of the uniqueness of the name, plus the fact that she's from my hometown.

Blessings,
Gemma :ninja:

[quote name='laetitia crucis' post='1888586' date='Jun 11 2009, 06:20 PM']Okay, back to topic!

The short sister is named Sr. Marie-Noel Maximillian. She's from Canada and she's just about my height -- approximately 5'1". From my vertically challenged perspective, I'd say those others are some very tall sisters. ;)[/quote]
I'm shorter than she is!!! (No acondroplasia--just a lack of genetic potential!!) :topsy: No comments from VA--your reputation as a giant is well-known on the boards. :lol_roll:

I've had friends ask me if all the sisters in "my" community are as short as I am. I assure them that I will remain among the shorter. There's a few sisters (older, mostly) under 5 ft. In my book, it just makes it easier to share habits.

• 5 weeks later...

Speaking of the Sisters of Life, has anyone seen Stephanie? She was in MO and was thinking about entering the Sisters of Life? We communicated via email and then lost contact and darn it all if I can't remember her Phat s/n!

Help!

[quote name='laetitia crucis' post='1888586' date='Jun 11 2009, 07:20 PM']Actually, none of them is Sadora. :whistle: Why? -- Because [b]I[/b] am. :disguise: :blush:[/quote]

I remember you! :-) I just read this thread today when it popped up.

I will pray for you.

[quote name='cmariadiaz' post='1917391' date='Jul 11 2009, 02:51 PM']I remember you! :-) I just read this thread today when it popped up.

I will pray for you.[/quote]

+

I remember you, too, Sadora! I'm glad you're well!