An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Dominican Sisters Of Mary, Mother Of The Eucharist

AbsconditaInDeo

AbsconditaInDeo

Hey ya'll!

The [url="http://www.sistersofmary.org"]Dominican Sisters of Mary[/url] from Ann Arbor are going to be on [url="http://www.ewtn.com/rock/"]Life on the Rock[/url] this Thursday the 18th.

Just thought I'd let you all know! :)

tinytherese

I went on a vocation retreat with them last month. We ordered pizza that night without Sr. Joseph Andrew finding out. It reminded me of the movie The Trouble With Angels. :lol_roll:

Edited by tinytherese

Maria Faustina

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1893161' date='Jun 16 2009, 02:18 PM']How many "hons" did you hear that weekend??? :topsy:[/quote]

haha I emailed Sister Jospeh Andrew one time and the reply email was absolutely hilarious!! She probably said hon like 11 times...ahaa she's great :))

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='Maria Faustina' post='1893237' date='Jun 16 2009, 03:45 PM']haha I emailed Sister Jospeh Andrew one time and the reply email was absolutely hilarious!! She probably said hon like 11 times...ahaa she's great :))[/quote]

Likewise. :lol_roll:

Can't wait to watch 'em.

loveletslive

aww yay i just got an email today from them about this.

haha i second the "hons" from sr. joseph andrew :)

tinytherese

Was Sr. Joseph Andrew's opening speech for that retreat funny. Wow the Catholic commedians that there are!

TeresaBenedicta

I can't wait to get to a retreat up in Ann Arbor. It looks like it'll be this November, if all goes well. Which it should-- Sr. Joseph Andrew already signed me up, lol. But I need to check in with my s/d and apply for a scholarship from my school so they can pay for the airfare. :)

InHisLove726

I was watching some late night TV and flipped to EWTN, and I caught a few minutes of the Encore presentation of Mother Assumpta Long with Fr. Mitch Pacwza (did I spell that right? :unsure: ). If I had a call to education or to the Dominicans, I would check them out. ;) Beautiful!

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1895036' date='Jun 18 2009, 03:19 AM']I was watching some late night TV and flipped to EWTN, and I caught a few minutes of the Encore presentation of Mother Assumpta Long with Fr. Mitch Pacwza (did I spell that right? :unsure: ). If I had a call to education or to the Dominicans, I would check them out. ;) Beautiful![/quote]

I got to watch about 3/4 of the show earlier this evening before my parents got home. I taped the rest. Plan on watching the rest once they get to bed.

Mother is wonderful-- I love her accent. And they were talking about the Visitation early during the show. She had a lot of good stuff to say. And she's halarious. :-D

tinytherese

The part where she mentioned how sisters have to do their student teaching in public schools was interesting. The response at those schools have been really positive even though they do not directly evangelize. Just their habit and life are great witnesses to them. When she mentioned how one sister was leaving a public elementary school to teach at the sisters school and that little boy said to make his school a Catholic school was so wonderful. :love:

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1895415' date='Jun 18 2009, 06:35 PM']The part where she mentioned how sisters have to do their student teaching in public schools was interesting. The response at those schools have been really positive even though they do not directly evangelize. Just their habit and life are great witnesses to them. When she mentioned how one sister was leaving a public elementary school to teach at the sisters school and that little boy said to make his school a Catholic school was so wonderful. :love:[/quote]

I thought that was adorable!

I can't wait to watch the Sisters on Life on the Rock!

InHisLove726

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1895415' date='Jun 18 2009, 05:35 PM']The part where she mentioned how sisters have to do their student teaching in public schools was interesting. The response at those schools have been really positive even though they do not directly evangelize. Just their habit and life are great witnesses to them. When she mentioned how one sister was leaving a public elementary school to teach at the sisters school and that little boy said to make his school a Catholic school was so wonderful. :love:[/quote]

I know! That was so precious! That was in one of the minutes I caught. ;)

dominicansoul

The very first group that had to do student teaching in public schools were met with some resistance. The public school officials did not want the sisters to wear their habits when they did their student teaching. Mother firmly stated, her daughters would not be allowed to wear anything but their habits. She told the school officials, if they did not respect this, she would have to find another school district that would accept them as they are. The officials promptly respected Mother's wishes...

I love Mother. She is no doormat, that's for sure!