An Old School Catholic Message Board

No Vocation?

WisdomSeeker

it happens to me, too. all of a sudden i wanted to stop all my devotions (i stopped praying the rosary for a year, but now i am slowly returning), I wanted to leave my present community, I want to just pause all month long, without nothing to do. I returned to prayer then i found the meaning of my life again. God bless!

WisdomSeeker

[size=3]I know that I will get to where I need to be when the time is right. At the moment I am just taking each day as it comes and seeing what happens :)[/size]

VeniteAdoremus

You are, by the way, still very welcome to get covered in blisters between Ely and Walsingham with us, although I most certainly understand if you'd rather not.

I think a very good thought was brought up. Doubts, indeed are part of our human nature. Even when one enters religious life, the doubts, the dry spells will come and go. So often people think that once they enter the convent, seminary, it is clear sailing. It is not. The real time of testing of one's faith often begins in the novitiate. It is how you handle the doubts that will be an indicator if you remain there. Religious life is not easy
AliceMary

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1897659' date='Jun 21 2009, 09:14 PM']You are, by the way, still very welcome to get covered in blisters between Ely and Walsingham with us, although I most certainly understand if you'd rather not.[/quote]

Excuse me? [i]Blisters?!?[/i] I'll have you know I stocked my first aid kit last week, and blister plasters were on special offer. :P

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='rosamundi' post='1897705' date='Jun 21 2009, 10:56 PM']Excuse me? [i]Blisters?!?[/i] I'll have you know I stocked my first aid kit last week, and blister plasters were on special offer. :P[/quote]

I won't show you the pictures from Chartres :)

WisdomSeeker

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1897659' date='Jun 21 2009, 09:14 PM']You are, by the way, still very welcome to get covered in blisters between Ely and Walsingham with us, although I most certainly understand if you'd rather not.[/quote]

Oooh blisters! I have one at the moment where I have been wearing my flip flops too much :)
I have decided to leave things as they are at the moment, I am staying in contact with the religious orders I'm already in communication with and apart from that I am just going to take each day as it comes and see what happens :D

Edited by WisdomSeeker

WisdomSeeker

[size=3]I thought that I would let you know that I am feeling a bit better today (apart from the fact I now have a rotten cold :() I am hoping to be able to get (sorry if that is the wrong word) a SD soon as I don't have one at present.

Thank you for all your prayers and wise words of advice :) [/size]

WisdomSeeker

[size=3]I would like to say thank you to everyone for their help and words of advice. After taking some more time out to think about things I have decided to put everything to one side at the moment and concentrate on getting myself sorted out. Once that is done then if it is meant to be I will start discerning again.

Again thank you all so much for all your help and patience :)[/size]

the lords sheep

I still strongly recommend that you find a spiritual director. Having someone to advise you and pray for and with you can greatly help in the "sorting out" process. My SD has the uncanny ability to remind me that sometimes I'm making things more complicated than I ought.
Spiritual direction is not just for discernment- it's for learning to live the Christian life in the midst of all the messes that we make in our own lives...
God bless you! And keep visiting us!!!

In Christ,
Lauren

WisdomSeeker

Thank you all for your help and support, I am finally coming out of the tunnel into the light. I know that the path will at times be rocky and the journey will sometimes be hard, but with the help of the saints and with much prayer I know that if it is Gods will I will persevere.

Edited by WisdomSeeker

the lords sheep

[quote name='WisdomSeeker' post='1906138' date='Jun 30 2009, 02:54 PM']Thank you all for your help and support, I am finally coming out of the tunnel into the light. I know that the path will at times be rocky and the journey will sometimes be hard, but with the help of the saints and with much prayer I know that if it is Gods will I will persevere.[/quote]

Thanks be to God! Hang in there!

[quote name='WisdomSeeker' post='1906138' date='Jun 30 2009, 08:54 AM']Thank you all for your help and support, I am finally coming out of the tunnel into the light. I know that the path will at times be rocky and the journey will sometimes be hard, but with the help of the saints and with much prayer I know that if it is Gods will I will persevere.[/quote]

Alleluia! Persevere, and trust in God's providence.