An Old School Catholic Message Board

Great Universal Visit Countdown Thread

VeniteAdoremus

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1907993' date='Jul 2 2009, 01:05 PM']Yup, we're all entering different places. I'll be entering the Religious Sisters of Mercy of Alma on September 8. I think there are a lot of Dominicans, but I don't know where everyone else is entering...

VA, how many days left in your countdown til visiting? I'm excited for you... :bounce:[/quote]

Monday after next, that's... 10 DAYS! Single digits soon! :clap:

And then I'll learn my entrance date. I'm the only postulant coming, and the annual youth camp coincides with the traditional entrance date, that's why it wasn't set yet.

the lords sheep

OOOOOHHH! I'm really excited to see when you'll be entering! Keep us updated!

What's crazy is that the days will crawl by until you get there, then your visit will fly by!

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1908006' date='Jul 2 2009, 01:38 PM']OOOOOHHH! I'm really excited to see when you'll be entering! Keep us updated!

What's crazy is that the days will crawl by until you get there, then your visit will fly by![/quote]

YES. And yes, I'll try to get online if I hear it then, but I'm not sure whether I can... :) Otherwise you'll hear it on the 21st. :)

[quote name='Maria Faustina' post='1908157' date='Jul 2 2009, 06:49 PM']21 days!!!!! I can't wait to get to Nashville :D[/quote]

Woot! That's only three weeks!

I wrote to one of the sisters yesterday, because we are going on a pilgrimage to Lourdes in August and I was all hyped because I'd seen "Coco avant Chanel" with my mum, full of beautiful rolling French countryside. She answered:

[quote]Well Anna, I can already tell you that (sadly or happily) the French pilgrimage will have very little resemblance or connections with Coco Chanel.
It promises to be very smelly at any rate, something which, I am sure, she would have disapproved of.[/quote]

You have not met hilarious until you have met Sr. Hyacinthe.

[quote name='Maria Faustina' post='1908157' date='Jul 2 2009, 10:49 AM']21 days!!!!! I can't wait to get to Nashville :D[/quote]

Final Vows? I think so...I wish I could be there but my farewell is the next day, then I'm going to rome and will miss first vows...but at least I get to see the sisters in roma :D

Maria Faustina

[quote name='NisiTe' post='1909066' date='Jul 3 2009, 09:46 AM']Final Vows? I think so...I wish I could be there but my farewell is the next day, then I'm going to rome and will miss first vows...but at least I get to see the sisters in roma :D[/quote]

Yup! First and Final Vows! Too bad you can't come because it would be cool to see a fellow Dominican Phatmasser there :( ! But yeah, seeing the sisters in Rome will be awesome for you!!! If you're around Rome when Sr. Anna Grace is (assuming that you know her lol) tell her Colleen from Greenville says hi! That will probably confuse her though! :lol_roll:

VeniteAdoremus

One day :love:

Got an e-mail from Sister Prioress yesterday, asking whether I'd be okay and reassuring me that there'll be someone next to the phone so they can pick us up as soon as I call :)

My father will stay with us until Thursday, and then he'll go back to .nl, and I will go on the walking pilgrimage to Walsingham, and fly back Tuesday.

InHisLove726

[quote name='NisiTe' post='1918031' date='Jul 12 2009, 04:07 PM']+M

roma 2 weeks from tuesday! (seeing Papa Benny 3 weeks from today!!! :pope: )

entrance 4 weeks from tomorrow!![/quote]

:yahoo: :woot: :bounce: :dance: :cool!: :twist: :banana: :clapping:

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1918039' date='Jul 12 2009, 03:18 PM']:yahoo: :woot: :bounce: :dance: :cool!: :twist: :banana: :clapping:[/quote]

I'm loving the :banana: ...that made me laugh :lol_sign:

InHisLove726

[quote name='NisiTe' post='1918157' date='Jul 12 2009, 08:51 PM']I'm loving the :banana: ...that made me laugh :lol_sign:[/quote]

:lol_roll:

the lords sheep

VA- Are you back yet???? Huh? Huh? :bounce:

I'm waiting patiently (see above) :))

You've been in my prayers!

+M

Rome---- 1 Week!!! :pope:
Entrance----- 20 days!!! :yahoo: :twothumbsup: :taco: :)) :hehe: :rolling: :lol_pound: :D :lol: :drool: :breakdance: :banana: :yahoo: :woot: :woot: :woot: :bounce: :bounce:

*note: there were more emoticons...but I learned there was a limit...