An Old School Catholic Message Board

Great Universal Visit Countdown Thread

VeniteAdoremus

VeniteAdoremus

I'm visiting my community again in... 18 days!

For only a week (half of which will be pilgrimaging) :sadder:
But still :D

laetitia crucis

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1901425' date='Jun 25 2009, 06:35 PM']I'm visiting my community again in... 18 days!

For only a week (half of which will be pilgrimaging) :sadder:
But still :D[/quote]

:yahoo:

18 days! :dance:

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='laetitia crucis' post='1901430' date='Jun 26 2009, 12:41 AM']:yahoo:

18 days! :dance:[/quote]

:D

...are you also visiting somewhere or are you boogying along with me?\

Both are acceptable. ;)

Maria Faustina

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1901501' date='Jun 25 2009, 07:46 PM']I think this thread has now officially established that Dominicans rule :)[/quote]

Mos def. We've been the MVP's of Mendicant orders since 1206 ;)
Peace. Love. VERITAS. :punk:

laetitia crucis

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1901479' date='Jun 25 2009, 07:31 PM']:D

...are you also visiting somewhere or are you boogying along with me?\

Both are acceptable. ;)[/quote]

Definitely boogying along with you! :banana: :taco: :banana: Haha! -- Although, my countdown is a little longer! I have exactly ONE MONTH**! Eeeee! :dancer1: :dancer2: :dancer1:

I mean, this time next month I'll be with the FIs!!! I don't think I can even think about it -- too much consolation!

....okay, so many a little boogying for myself too! :dance: :breakdance: Aaahaha!

* Edited for a bit of Franciscan JOY! :D :))
** Okay, so here it's still the 25th... so, I have a month. :woot:

Edited by laetitia crucis

loveletslive

ugh. my friends are in nashville RIGHT NOW!!! and i decided not to go since i was schedule to work this weekend.

*kicks self*

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='loveletslive' post='1901722' date='Jun 26 2009, 06:54 AM']ugh. my friends are in nashville RIGHT NOW!!! and i decided not to go since i was schedule to work this weekend.

*kicks self*[/quote]
:console: Your time will come!

I could have gone earlier and spent some more time at the convent before we leave on the walking pilgrimage, but a dear friend is making her first private vows on the 11th, and there was no way I was going to miss that :)

After all, it's not like I won't be spending enough time in there pretty soon. At least that's what I keep telling myself ;) My friend was surprisingly obstinate about coming with me, two priests and bridal party in tow, and doing it in the convent chapel. Strange woman.

Littlesister, tell Lillian to join Phatmass ;) I'll be praying for her and the unique cocktail of joy and nerves she's probably experiencing.

LC: that's some Franciscan joy :kicking: :dance: How long is your visit?

37 days until I go on a two week retreat (not with my eventually sisters, but still at a monastry retreat house)
And 80 days until i do a live-in with my eventually sisters :lol_roll:

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1901501' date='Jun 25 2009, 07:46 PM']I think this thread has now officially established that Dominicans rule :)[/quote]

Oh my gosh, you people are re-LENT-less. Please don't make me :club: you.

Wasn't there a poll recently that resluted in the CARMELITES beating the stuffing out the rest of us poor souls on the board?

I mean REALLY ladies! :whistle: