An Old School Catholic Message Board

Great Universal Visit Countdown Thread

VeniteAdoremus

Maria Faustina

[quote name='osapientia' post='1902085' date='Jun 26 2009, 11:09 AM']Oh my gosh, you people are re-LENT-less. Please don't make me :club: you.

Wasn't there a poll recently that resluted in the CARMELITES beating the stuffing out the rest of us poor souls on the board?

I mean REALLY ladies! :whistle:[/quote]

We can't help it that we're awesome ;)

InHisLove726

[quote name='osapientia' post='1902085' date='Jun 26 2009, 10:09 AM']Oh my gosh, you people are re-LENT-less. Please don't make me :club: you.

Wasn't there a poll recently that resluted in the CARMELITES beating the stuffing out the rest of us poor souls on the board?

I mean REALLY ladies! :whistle:[/quote]

Yep! That was before my conversion. :lol_roll: I still say the Carmelites ROCK! :punk: I just think the Franciscans are better now, LOL! :P

But, correct me if I'm wrong...I seem to remember 2 Benedictines trying to convert all of us. But I won't say who.... :whistle:

Edited by InHisLove726

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1902122' date='Jun 26 2009, 05:58 PM']Yep! That was before my conversion. :lol_roll: I still say the Carmelites ROCK! :punk: I just think the Franciscans are better now, LOL! :P

But, correct me if I'm wrong...I seem to remember 2 Benedictines trying to convert all of us. But I won't say who.... :whistle:[/quote]

That's the wonderful thing about Benedictines, you put them behind a grille somewhere and they're no trouble anymore ;)

Active Dominicans, on the other hand, keep coming and coming... (and talking and TALKING) ;)

17 days :)

InHisLove726

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1902146' date='Jun 26 2009, 12:15 PM']That's the wonderful thing about Benedictines, you put them behind a grille somewhere and they're no trouble anymore ;)

Active Dominicans, on the other hand, keep coming and coming... (and talking and TALKING) ;)

17 days :)[/quote]

:lol_pound:

I'd LOVE to see puellapaschalis behind a grille and wave! Where is she these days? Visiting her Sisters?

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1902171' date='Jun 26 2009, 07:41 PM']:lol_pound:

I'd LOVE to see puellapaschalis behind a grille and wave! Where is she these days? Visiting her Sisters?[/quote]

She is preparing for her Gregorian Chant workshop in [i][b]Solesmes[/b][/i]. :drool:

InHisLove726

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1902179' date='Jun 26 2009, 12:49 PM']She is preparing for her Gregorian Chant workshop in [i][b]Solesmes[/b][/i]. :drool:[/quote]

No wonder it's been so quiet lately! ::enjoys the sounds of silence::

:whistle:

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1902184' date='Jun 26 2009, 07:57 PM']No wonder it's been so quiet lately! ::enjoys the sounds of silence::

:whistle:[/quote]

*stretches luxuriously*

Our dad tries to tease me in her stead but he's not half as good at it.

InHisLove726

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1902193' date='Jun 26 2009, 01:06 PM']*stretches luxuriously*

Our dad tries to tease me in her stead but he's not half as good at it.[/quote]

Forgive me for my apparent dumbness (LOL), but you two are related? :shock:

Edited by InHisLove726

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1902227' date='Jun 26 2009, 09:00 PM']Forgive me for my apparent dumbness (LOL), but you two are related? :shock:[/quote]

Yes. And no. She came to the Netherlands I'm-not-allowed-to-say-how-many years ago for school&adventure, and her parents still live in Britain, so she was sans family except during the summer hols, which is why we adopted her.

My dad is really happy that I'm leaving first as an apostolic. He says I'm good practice for the whole giving-daughters-away thing, because PP is going to be much harder, being cloistered and such :)

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1902146' date='Jun 26 2009, 01:15 PM']That's the wonderful thing about Benedictines, you put them behind a grille somewhere and they're no trouble anymore ;)

17 days :)[/quote]

Oh Bennies can be way more trouble behind that grille than out front of it. LOTS of Power back there. :starwars:

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1902122' date='Jun 26 2009, 11:58 AM']But, correct me if I'm wrong...I seem to remember 2 Benedictines trying to convert all of us. But I won't say who.... :whistle:[/quote]

:blowkiss:

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='osapientia' post='1902399' date='Jun 27 2009, 01:21 AM']Oh Bennies can be way more trouble behind that grille than out front of it. LOTS of Power back there. :starwars:[/quote]

Unf. That's true. Always keep on their good side :)

You girls all make me so jealous, both for your opportunities and your youth! But as I remain here, lowly Oblate, sewing a seam in my husband's favorite old shirt, I pray for all of you, in all of your discernments, all of your joys and sorrows, your goings, your coming-backs and your going out again. I certainly admire the example of your fortitude which instructs me!

Pray for me, also!