An Old School Catholic Message Board

Great Universal Visit Countdown Thread

VeniteAdoremus

littlesister

Thank you, Dame Agnes! Well said, except that there's nothing lowly about being an Oblate! They're an example to us all.
This thread is fun, living it all over again. By the way, Lillian's second visit is day-after-tomorrow. Thanks for the prayers, phriends!

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='DameAgnes' post='1902736' date='Jun 27 2009, 08:28 PM']You girls all make me so jealous, both for your opportunities and your youth! But as I remain here, lowly Oblate, sewing a seam in my husband's favorite old shirt, I pray for all of you, in all of your discernments, all of your joys and sorrows, your goings, your coming-backs and your going out again. I certainly admire the example of your fortitude which instructs me!

Pray for me, also![/quote]

I wish I could sew :(

And DameAgnes, littlesister is totally right. You are very important to us :)

*drags out soapbox*

There is no higher vocation than your own vocation!

*pushes soapbox back*

When I got home today I got two fantastic surprises:
1. My mum was in the back garden - she's been in Middle America for six months! And she told me I'd see her tomorrow because she'd be too jetlagged today (a total lie, to surprise me) :love:
2. My dad has picked up my shoes for the packing list! I have one pair which my mum described as "...sturdy...", and one pair that's [i]also[/i] black and laced, but [i]slightly[/i] hipper. And it has really cool insoles with happy coloured stripes. I love colour :) even though it'll be invisible, I will KNOW it's there.

15 days! That's only two weeks and one day!

Edited by VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1901501' date='Jun 25 2009, 06:46 PM']I think this thread has now officially established that Dominicans rule :)[/quote]

I must include my Dominican presence as well :))

[quote name='loveletslive' post='1901722' date='Jun 25 2009, 11:54 PM']ugh. my friends are in nashville RIGHT NOW!!! and i decided not to go since i was schedule to work this weekend.

*kicks self*[/quote]

:sadwalk: You will have your chance...*cough cough retreat cough cough*

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1903037' date='Jun 27 2009, 07:34 PM']My dad has picked up my shoes for the packing list! I have one pair which my mum described as "...sturdy...", and one pair that's [i]also[/i] black and laced, but [i]slightly[/i] hipper. And it has really cool insoles with happy coloured stripes. I love colour :) even though it'll be invisible, I will KNOW it's there.[/quote]

I just got all my shoes...finally :D My mom describes them as being very "Old Lady-esque" but I love them nonetheless

now my countdown: 43 days!

Edited by NisiTe

43 days until I enter!

[quote]I just got all my shoes...finally My mom describes them as being very "Old Lady-esque" but I love them nonetheless[/quote]
How many shoes do you Dominicans have to have? I'm really glad I only have to worry about finding a single pair of sandals!

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Agnes' post='1904914' date='Jun 29 2009, 07:17 AM']43 days until I enter!

How many shoes do you Dominicans have to have? I'm really glad I only have to worry about finding a single pair of sandals![/quote]

I've got two pairs.

And wellingtons.
And sandals.
And walking shoes, but I'm not sure if I am to bring them or not.

the lords sheep

I have to bring 2 pairs, plus 2 pairs of sandal, some heavy winter boots, running shoes, and houseslippers (if I'm remembering correctly)...

And 72 days for me :clap:

Edited by the lords sheep

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1905107' date='Jun 29 2009, 02:32 PM']I have to bring 2 pairs, plus 2 pairs of sandal, some heavy winter boots, running shoes, and houseslippers (if I'm remembering correctly)...

And 72 days for me :clap:[/quote]

Running shoes!

I am insanely jealous. No running for me anymore.

In two weeks, at this time, I will be having lunch with my father in the guest dining room :)

[quote name='Agnes' post='1904914' date='Jun 29 2009, 12:17 AM']43 days until I enter!

How many shoes do you Dominicans have to have? I'm really glad I only have to worry about finding a single pair of sandals![/quote]

2 pairs of black lace-up oxfords
1 pair of tennis shoes (black or white)...I chose white
2 pairs white slippers

the lords sheep

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1905111' date='Jun 29 2009, 02:32 PM']Running shoes!

I am insanely jealous. No running for me anymore.

In two weeks, at this time, I will be having lunch with my father in the guest dining room :)[/quote]

I don't know that we'll be doing ton of running per se (goodness, I hope not :saint:) but we do play a lot of sports: soccer, volleyball, basketball, etc.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1905299' date='Jun 29 2009, 07:42 PM']I don't know that we'll be doing ton of running per se (goodness, I hope not :saint:) but we do play a lot of sports: soccer, volleyball, basketball, etc.[/quote]

Then I feel a bit better, because I am exceedingly bad at all ball sports. (Yes, I know, women over 6' are legally forbidden to be bad at basketball - I still am.)

Have you caught a volleyball virus in Italy? :)

the lords sheep

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1905307' date='Jun 29 2009, 07:04 PM']Then I feel a bit better, because I am exceedingly bad at all ball sports. (Yes, I know, women over 6' are legally forbidden to be bad at basketball - I still am.)

Have you caught a volleyball virus in Italy? :)[/quote]

I didn't realize the virus was going around.... :lol_roll:
I liked volleyball before Italy :)

And Dame Agnes, I'll start a new thread :)... Wouldn't want to hijack VA's :saint:

VeniteAdoremus

As far as I can tell, we are all entering different places :)

Many Dominicans, though.

I'm becoming #9 of the [url="http://www.dominicansrs.co.uk/"]Dominican Sisters of St. Joseph[/url] in September :love:

the lords sheep

Yup, we're all entering different places. I'll be entering the Religious Sisters of Mercy of Alma on September 8. I think there are a lot of Dominicans, but I don't know where everyone else is entering...

VA, how many days left in your countdown til visiting? I'm excited for you... :bounce: