An Old School Catholic Message Board

Upcoming Entrances

the lords sheep

the lords sheep

Ciao All!

I've been hesitating to post on where I'm entering for privacy reasons, but as I REALLY need the prayers, I'll let you in on my secret.

I will be entering (God willing) the [url="http://www.rsmofalma.org"] Religious Sisters of Mercy of Alma, MI[/url] on September 8 (in case you're wondering, that's 72 days from now :)) )

Please pray for me as I move back to the North American continent and prepare to enter.

God bless you all! Thanks for your prayers!

In Christ, Lauren

ps- as people add their names and dates, I'll try to make a list (in my little spare time) of where and when people are entering. God bless!

WisdomSeeker

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1905442' date='Jun 29 2009, 09:41 PM']Ciao All!

I've been hesitating to post on where I'm entering for privacy reasons, but as I REALLY need the prayers, I'll let you in on my secret.

I will be entering (God willing) the [url="http://www.rsmofalma.org"] Religious Sisters of Mercy of Alma, MI[/url] on September 8 (in case you're wondering, that's 72 days from now :)) )

Please pray for me as I move back to the North American continent and prepare to enter.

God bless you all! Thanks for your prayers!

In Christ, Lauren

ps- as people add their names and dates, I'll try to make a list (in my little spare time) of where and when people are entering. God bless![/quote]

Holding you in my prayers and thoughts.

InHisLove726

Since my friend is no longer using the internet as much, and never uses this website, I am going to post for her and another friend.

Elizabeth is entering on September 8th, 2009 in the Central Province (St. Louis, MO) of the Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus. She's been a candidate with the order since November 2007 and been discerning with them since 2006. She requests prayers for perseverance and patience. :)

Emily is entering on September 8th, 2009 in the Northern Province (Milwaukee, WI) of the Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus. She's been a candidate since March 25, 2009, but has been an aspirant since 2008 (I believe). This is the order that I was an applicant to, so I have been praying heavily for her. :D

Guest peaceful_spirit

Hello! I almost feel as though I don't deserve to post in this thread because I'm more of a lurker really, but I can't keep my joyful news to myself anymore.

I have been accepted as a postulant, and will enter the Poor Clare Monastery of Our Lady of Mercy in Belleville, IL on July 16th. That is just over two short weeks away! I'm so excited! I had visited there recently, and it felt so much like home to me. I truly believe this is God's will for me as well.

I will pray for all those entering and discerning, while asking for your prayers too. Especially in these last days because although I have such joy in my heart, it is difficult for others who are close to me.
Thank you and God bless!

Laurie

PrayerSupporter

[quote name='peaceful_spirit' post='1906634' date='Jun 30 2009, 07:39 PM']Hello! I almost feel as though I don't deserve to post in this thread because I'm more of a lurker really, but I can't keep my joyful news to myself anymore.

I have been accepted as a postulant, and will enter the Poor Clare Monastery of Our Lady of Mercy in Belleville, IL on July 16th. That is just over two short weeks away! I'm so excited! I had visited there recently, and it felt so much like home to me. I truly believe this is God's will for me as well.

I will pray for all those entering and discerning, while asking for your prayers too. Especially in these last days because although I have such joy in my heart, it is difficult for others who are close to me.
Thank you and God bless!

Laurie[/quote]

Oh, Laurie, congratulations!! I wish you all the best as you try your vocation as a Poor Clare at Bellville! I have visited the monastery twice (not discerning, just visiting) and love to hear the nuns when they pray the Divine Office. I will pray for you, that you may find joy and fulfillment at Our Lady of Mercy if that is God's will for you. May He bless every step that you take as you seek His will and His love.

PrayerSupporter

InHisLove726

[quote name='peaceful_spirit' post='1906634' date='Jun 30 2009, 07:39 PM']Hello! I almost feel as though I don't deserve to post in this thread because I'm more of a lurker really, but I can't keep my joyful news to myself anymore.

Thank you and God bless!

Laurie[/quote]

Wow!!!! Congratulations, Laurie!!! Belleville is one of my favorite Poor Clare monasteries. :D If I was called to the Poor Clares, they'd be top on my list. May St. Clare and St. Francis be with you as you take your first steps in your vocation! May Mother Mary pray for perseverance for you at the throne of Jesus. God bless you! You'll be in my prayers! :))

Sister Rose Therese

Congratulations to all of you!
May God strenghten you and give you His peace.

dominicansoul

Prayers for all of you! This dominicansoul is going to spend hours before the Eucharist this Friday at a Carmelite convent. It is a very quiet, hidden place, and the only place I can think of in my area where talking is absolutely NOT tolerated in the Chapel...

I will most definitely be keeping all of you in my prayers on that day...

come to think of it, I will pray for everyone on the Vocation Station...

Thank you and God bless!

Laurie[/quote]
Laurie- congratulations. I too have visited Belleville (I used to stop in when I was working nearby). The vine on the grill is so beautiful. I also visited the sisters once on a cloistered nun run. Very fun!

The Lord's Sheep- congratulations to you as well. I really like your RSMs.

As for me, I'll be one of three pre-postulants for the Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. We enter August 22. :lol_roll:

[quote name='shortnun' post='1908294' date='Jul 2 2009, 01:54 PM']As for me, I'll be one of three pre-postulants for the Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. We enter August 22. :lol_roll:[/quote]

Hey, they just had a first profession and some renewals!

[url="http://www.ascjus.org/galleries/6-27-09/index.asp"]http://www.ascjus.org/galleries/6-27-09/index.asp[/url]

kavalamyself

I guess I am a little late in responding to this thread. I have spent a lot of time at the Belleville Monastery. I like the way the Chapel curves (it seems so graceful), as well as the fact that Holy Hour occurs there so often. They are very holy Poor Clare Nuns, and yes, the Chapel is so close you feel as if you are touching them! God bless them, one and all! Interesting...that street must be a powerhouse of prayer! There is a Novitiate of "modern" nuns (Sisters) a couple of doors down, and a formation house for priests in between. Then again, how can you go wrong between St. Louis and Chicago?! Catholics every where you look! (Not to mention the Shrine...!)

FSM Sister

Congratulations on entering the RSM community. They are very serious about their spirituality. Be prepared to become a saint - after all, that's what you are called to become!
It will be hard work, but if you give your whole heart, you will love it. I will be praying for you!