An Old School Catholic Message Board

Upcoming Entrances

the lords sheep

the lords sheep

[quote name='the lords sheep' date='24 August 2009 - 07:26 AM' timestamp='1251091600' post='1955455']
Ummmm... NO. But that's okay. I'm working on getting it all together while still staying sane (it's more difficult than you'd imagine). My top 6 worries, if you'd like to pray for them:
1. My dresses aren't made. They're not even started. And thank goodness I'm not making them, but I'm still worrying about them.
2. I can't find any shoes that fit what I need.
3. My suitcase with 3 of my 4 Divine Office books never arrived. It was sent 3 weeks ago. I'm freaking out.
4. I don't have a coat. And Michigan is cold.
5. I can't find my birth certificate. Oops.
6. My mother is doing her darndest to make this extra difficult for me in every way possible.

Couple all these with the fact that I'm having a hard time praying, and I'm feeling a little beaten up, to be honest. I feel like I should be more excited, but I feel like I'm just hoping it all gets done in time....
[/quote]

A little update for all of those who are praying for me: you're prayers are working! Keep them coming!!!
So...
1. My dresses are almost finished
2. I found shoes (and paid a fortune for them to fit my size 11 feet!)
3. My suitcase never arrived. I bought new LOTH books.
4. I have a coat. It's very warm. I also have snow boots
5. Found my birth certificate. Now I can't find my SS card. hmph
6. Mom's still being difficult. Thats okay though.

Thanks for the prayers! Keep them coming! I'll prolly update you one last time before I head out Monday morning. Thanks so much for everything!!

In Christ,
Lauren

SponsaChristi

[quote name='the lords sheep' date='03 September 2009 - 07:30 AM' timestamp='1251952222' post='1960247']
A little update for all of those who are praying for me: you're prayers are working! Keep them coming!!!
So...
1. My dresses are almost finished
2. I found shoes (and paid a fortune for them to fit my size 11 feet!)
3. My suitcase never arrived. I bought new LOTH books.
4. I have a coat. It's very warm. I also have snow boots
5. Found my birth certificate. Now I can't find my SS card. hmph
6. Mom's still being difficult. Thats okay though.

Thanks for the prayers! Keep them coming! I'll prolly update you one last time before I head out Monday morning. Thanks so much for everything!!

In Christ,
Lauren
[/quote]
Dear Lauren!
Of course I´ll keep you in my prayers! Are you excited? Only a few days!!!! :clap:
Greetings from Europe!!!

I've got three intentions I need help praying for.

First off, I have a friend, Erin, entering the Sisters of Life this Saturday, Sept. 5th, 2009.

Secondly, my friend, Elizabeth, is entering the Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus in Kirkwood, MO on Sept. 8th, 2009. She asked me to pray for her on Sept. 7th, 2009, as well because that's when she will arrive at the convent and spend the last night with her family in the guest rooms. I think she is really starting to feel that it's all becoming real for her, so please pray for her.

Last, but not least, my friend, Emily, is entering the Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus in Milwaukee (Wauwatosa), WI on Sept. 8th, 2009. I have not heard from her recently, but I am continuing to pray for her entrance.

Funnily enough, all their names start with an 'E.' :lol:

I almost forgot my other friend, Rochelle, who is entering the Sisters of Our Lady Immaculate on Sept. 8th, 2009! That's 4 not 3 entrances coming up I must pray for. :blush:

Edited by InHisLove726

DiscerningSoul

I will remember them in my prayers also.

OMW Look only 9 more days! Packing, packing and some more packing! LOL
How is it that we are to have so little but we have to pack so much? LOL

[quote name='DiscerningSoul' date='03 September 2009 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1252009574' post='1960469']
I will remember them in my prayers also.

OMW Look only 9 more days! Packing, packing and some more packing! LOL
How is it that we are to have so little but we have to pack so much? LOL
[/quote]

LOL, my friend, Elizabeth, asked me that. She was like, "Here I am, going to a convent where the vow of poverty is taken, and I'm bringing a whole trunk full of stuff." She called it her "nun trunk." So cute! :lol:

the lords sheep

Thank you all for your prayers and support. You will be in my prayers!

Goodbye, Phamily!!!!

In Christ,
Lauren

Oh, God bless and good luck to those who are entering this week! I keep you in prayer that if it be God's will, you all persevere.

God reward you for your 'yes'.

Maria_Faustina

Yes, certainly, prayers for all of you who are entering tomorrow on Our Lady's birthday. :) How wonderful! I'm so excited for all of you, and will definitely keep you in mind at Mass especially. I hope your discernment and life with the Lord is amazing...and as always, that His Will is done. :pray: (You know what smiley we need? One of Mary praying...to let people know that not only are we praying for them, but that we'll do even more and bother (bother :) ) Our Holy Mother for them as well!)

Well, my two friends have entered the Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus! I am so excited and happy for them, especially Elizabeth since she has waited since November 2007 (when she received her acceptance into the order) to finish college before she could enter. I know Our Lady is watching over them and keeping them so close. :) I can't wait to see the pictures of their entrance on the websites.

Let's continue to pray for all those who entered today and those who will be entering later this week (Sept. 12th). :saint:

Maria_Faustina

Yes, please pray for those of us entering today (praise God!), and especially our families. It is very difficult for my family, but, God's grace is so much greater than us. Just have to trust in Him. Thank you so much for your prayers; I will certainly keep you in mine.

In His Merciful Love,
Maria Faustina
i.e., Rosemarie