An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dominican Sisters, Nashville

EJames2

Their latest, though i am sure familiar to many, perhaps new to some.\pax
[url="http://vocation-station.blogspot.com/2009/07/dominican-sisters-of-st-cecilia.html"]http://vocation-station.blogspot.com/2009/...st-cecilia.html[/url]

loveletslive

this is an excerpt from their documentary, "Beloved." if you can find of copy of it somewhere or buy it online, WATCH IT! it's so awesome :)

Yay "Beloved" :D :clapping: :clap: it is definitely a must see :twothumbsup:

Oh, I heard a rumor that it is going to be on EWTN...I should really look into that... :yes:

Edited by NisiTe

[quote name='loveletslive' post='1907748' date='Jul 1 2009, 09:33 PM']this is an excerpt from their documentary, "Beloved." if you can find of copy of it somewhere or buy it online, WATCH IT! it's so awesome :)[/quote]
it can be purchased here
[url="http://www.saltandlighttv.org/prog_special_beloved.htm"]http://www.saltandlighttv.org/prog_special_beloved.htm[/url]

Irishdancingmimi

[quote name='NisiTe' post='1908052' date='Jul 2 2009, 10:20 AM']Yay "Beloved" :D :clapping: :clap: it is definitely a must see :twothumbsup:

Oh, I heard a rumor that it is going to be on EWTN...I should really look into that... :yes:[/quote]

Ooooh, thanks for the heads up. I'll have to keep an eye out for that... :)

Maria Faustina

Ahh I love that movie! Sr. John Thomas, the first sister in this video, was my teacher for two years. She was not only the best teacher I've ever had, but an amazingly beautiful person who was so much fun to be around and a very wise "spiritual guide". I love her soooo much and she is like my spiritual momma :love:

Another sister that is in the video is Sr. Anna Grace. She was my principal for two years and she is soooo beautiful. Everything she did was so graceful. Ahhh she is awesome and I love her!!! Too bad she's leaving our mission and going to Rome, but that gives me a good oppurtunity to visit her in Rome :D

I love the Nashville Dominicans.... ;)

[quote name='Maria Faustina' post='1908100' date='Jul 2 2009, 09:54 AM']Another sister that is in the video is Sr. Anna Grace. She was my principal for two years and she is soooo beautiful. Everything she did was so graceful. Ahhh she is awesome and I love her!!! Too bad she's leaving our mission and going to Rome, but that gives me a good oppurtunity to visit her in Rome :D[/quote]

When is she going to Rome???

Maria Faustina

[quote name='NisiTe' post='1908491' date='Jul 2 2009, 08:13 PM']When is she going to Rome???[/quote]

I think she'll be staying awhile at the Motherhouse, but she'll be taking classes at the Angelicum so I guess she'll be heading out there when their classes start, so maybe August or September? She'll have something to do with Vocations and Formation at the Motherhouse after she finishes her classes, which is really cool, because that will be around the time I start looking at entering. :)

dominicaninmyheart2

That video makes me cry; it is so beautiful! It brings back so many wonderful memories of my Dominican education and my interaction with the sisters.

the lords sheep

[quote name='Maria Faustina' post='1908497' date='Jul 3 2009, 01:29 AM']I think she'll be staying awhile at the Motherhouse, but she'll be taking classes at the Angelicum so I guess she'll be heading out there when their classes start, so maybe August or September? She'll have something to do with Vocations and Formation at the Motherhouse after she finishes her classes, which is really cool, because that will be around the time I start looking at entering. :)[/quote]

Classes start in early/mid October, so she'll arrive late September/early October :) I loved seeing the Nashville Dominicans at the Ang all the time :) It was great!

Maria Faustina

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1909047' date='Jul 3 2009, 06:57 AM']Classes start in early/mid October, so she'll arrive late September/early October :) I loved seeing the Nashville Dominicans at the Ang all the time :) It was great![/quote]

Oh ok cool. Will you be around to say hi to her for me? Hahaha I know this greeting request is several months in advance lol :))