An Old School Catholic Message Board

Servants Of The Lord And Virgin Of Matara

the lords sheep

the lords sheep

[url="http://www.h2onews.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=18533:h2onews&catid=48:in-the-world&Itemid=14"]This video[/url] was made to celebrate their 25th anniversary of foundation. It's very well done.

I discerned with these Sisters, and spent 6 weeks working with them in Argentina. They are really beautiful. Enjoy!

VeniteAdoremus
:love:

*snif*

Even though I had the best possible reason to stop discerning with them and I'm really really REALLY happy... well... you know. :)

All you missionary types... get thy bum to the Servants!

They have pizza.

InHisLove726

I have a friend that I met during a retreat to the Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus in St. Louis last year that is down in Argentina right now for the whole summer and she's spending about 6 weeks with SOLT. I told her that the Servants are a WONDERFUL missionary order and she should check them out while she's down there. She feels called to missionary work since she thoroughly enjoyed her time in Belize last year teaching education to underprivileged children. She's got the divine spark in her! She originally thought she was called to contemplative life of the Poor Clares, but God revealed to her that she needs to spread His word to those who don't know Him. Please pray for her. She's a saint in the making! Her name is Gabrielle. :D

Edited by InHisLove726

Thomist-in-Training

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1911910' date='Jul 5 2009, 07:04 PM']I have a friend that I met during a retreat to the Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus in St. Louis last year that is down in Argentina right now for the whole summer and she's spending about 6 weeks with SOLT. I told her that the Servants are a WONDERFUL missionary order and she should check them out while she's down there. She feels called to missionary work since she thoroughly enjoyed her time in Belize last year teaching education to underprivileged children. She's got the divine spark in her! She originally thought she was called to contemplative life of the Poor Clares, but God revealed to her that she needs to spread His word to those who don't know Him. Please pray for her. She's a saint in the making! Her name is Gabrielle. :D[/quote]

I know her myself. :detective: (From school) :love: She's fantastic.

InHisLove726

[quote name='Thomist-in-Training' post='1913129' date='Jul 6 2009, 10:41 PM']I know her myself. :detective: (From school) :love: She's fantastic.[/quote]

You do?!?!?!?!? What a SMALL world! LOL! She's become one of my dearest friends, and I've really enjoyed seeing her blossom. I can't wait to see what the future holds for her. I think she's going to make a wonderful missionary! :D

the lords sheep

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1911908' date='Jul 6 2009, 12:56 AM']:love:

*snif*

Even though I had the best possible reason to stop discerning with them and I'm really really REALLY happy... well... you know. :)

All you missionary types... get thy bum to the Servants!

They have pizza.[/quote]

I know EXACTLY what you mean.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1913327' date='Jul 7 2009, 10:53 AM']I know EXACTLY what you mean.[/quote]

Some days Vocation Station makes me happy indeed :)

VeniteAdoremus

Aren't they :)

The grey represents Christ's human nature and the blue His divine nature.

puellapaschalis

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1915647' date='Jul 9 2009, 06:25 PM']They have a house in Bagdad(!). Have had for a couple of years now.[/quote]

[i]Dude.[/i] :notworthy2:

laetitia crucis

[quote name='kavalamyself' post='1913899' date='Jul 7 2009, 09:28 PM']Interesting habits, I must say.[/quote]

Originally the founder (Fr. Carlos Buela, IVE) had wanted the habits to be RED for the blood of the martyrs, but the first class of sisters implored otherwise. :) They chose blue to not only signify the divinity (blue is often associated with the sky/heavens) of Christ, but to also signify their Marian Vow, and the grey (as VA said) to signify the humanity of Christ -- grey = earth/stone -- hence, their habits reflect the Incarnation. (Which of course, ties into their charism: to reflect "the Word made flesh" in all they do; in the inculturation of the Gospel, etc.)

Their original habit also reminded me of a sort of "cowgirl" look... to my Westernized eyes, it seemed rather strange to me. They also had shorter cotton-veils (as long cotton veils were too heavy), but changed to a longer polyester-blend veil when they changed to the current habit.

In the Eastern Rite, the sisters wear all black habits. And if any sisters are working in hospitals they wear white habits.

Pretty cool. :cool: