An Old School Catholic Message Board

Summit Dominicans

VeniteAdoremus

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Thomist-in-Training' post='1914822' date='Jul 9 2009, 03:17 AM']It's fun to tease Cistercians by telling them they look like Dominican lay-brothers! :D

Of course, only so many people have this wonderful opportunity...[/quote]

Ooooh, the little brother of a friend of mine is becoming a Trappist next year... :evil: They miss the cape, though. Maybe I should make him one ;)

This is also, by the way, why St. Martin de Porres has a black scapular on his holy card. But I don't know of a province where the lay brothers wear a different scapular. Not in Australia, England, or the US, in any case. Germany maybe (I think I saw a glimpse of one once).

I like the Summit modified veils best! But I like almost all modified veils... except the ones in my community :annoyed: :) And most "full package sets" are very pretty too, although those of... what's that place where what's her name entered? That's just starting to grow, with two professed sisters? Also gorgeous, but their neck band looks so tight, I can't believe that's comfortable!

osapientia

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1915397' date='Jul 9 2009, 05:27 AM']Ooooh, the little brother of a friend of mine is becoming a Trappist next year... :evil: They miss the cape, though. Maybe I should make him one ;)[/quote]

The Trappist Juniors wear an off white cape....and pardon me for being OH SO VERY, OSB but NOTHING beats the monastic cowl. IMHO. :)

*edited for typo

Edited by osapientia

she_who_is_not

[quote name='osapientia' post='1915717' date='Jul 9 2009, 12:20 PM']The Trappist Juniors wear an off white cape....and pardon me for being OH SO VERY, OSB but NOTHING beats the monastic cowl. IMHO. :)

*edited for typo[/quote]

I love the cowl :love:

and the cucilla :love:

puellapaschalis

[quote name='she_who_is_not' post='1915728' date='Jul 9 2009, 07:27 PM']I love the cowl :love:

and the cucilla :love:[/quote]

Now I'm wondering what the difference between the two is... :think:

osapientia

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1915967' date='Jul 9 2009, 04:36 PM']Now I'm wondering what the difference between the two is... :think:[/quote]

Actually there is no difference. Cowl/cuculla - same thing. Monks' cuculla has a hood.

puellapaschalis

[quote name='osapientia' post='1916116' date='Jul 10 2009, 01:00 AM']Actually there is no difference. Cowl/cuculla - same thing. Monks' cuculla has a hood.[/quote]

That's what I thought.

Thomist-in-Training

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1915397' date='Jul 9 2009, 04:27 AM']Ooooh, the little brother of a friend of mine is becoming a Trappist next year... :evil: They miss the cape, though. Maybe I should make him one ;)

This is also, by the way, why St. Martin de Porres has a black scapular on his holy card. But I don't know of a province where the lay brothers wear a different scapular. Not in Australia, England, or the US, in any case. Germany maybe (I think I saw a glimpse of one once).

I like the Summit modified veils best! But I like almost all modified veils... except the ones in my community :annoyed: :) And most "full package sets" are very pretty too, although those of... what's that place where what's her name entered? That's just starting to grow, with two professed sisters? Also gorgeous, but their neck band looks so tight, I can't believe that's comfortable![/quote]

Lockport? Oh, I think those look so pretty! Never thought about breathing in them though.... hmm... [url="http://ldominican.xanga.com/?nextdate=3%2f27%2f2008+19%3a39%3a19.270&direction=n"]http://ldominican.xanga.com/?nextdate=3%2f...amp;direction=n[/url]

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Thomist-in-Training' post='1916260' date='Jul 10 2009, 05:54 AM']Lockport? Oh, I think those look so pretty! Never thought about breathing in them though.... hmm... [url="http://ldominican.xanga.com/?nextdate=3%2f27%2f2008+19%3a39%3a19.270&direction=n"]http://ldominican.xanga.com/?nextdate=3%2f...amp;direction=n[/url][/quote]

Lockport! Of course!

Well, just see the Palm Sunday ones... I don't think I could see my feet wearing that :)