An Old School Catholic Message Board

Jesu Caritas Retreats

she_who_is_not

she_who_is_not

Has anyone attended one of these before? Might be going in October and am just curious!

Thanks and God Bless!

SWIN

[quote name='she_who_is_not' post='1914276' date='Jul 8 2009, 11:42 AM']Has anyone attended one of these before? Might be going in October and am just curious!

Thanks and God Bless!

SWIN[/quote]

I went five times! I even wrote an article, and intended to publish it in Catholic Digest, but the sisters said it was too positive, and they were already having 60 at each retreat (there were maybe 20 when I attended), and please not to send it in. (Glad I wasn't making my living that way).

I know a discerner in your area who would like to go, so please PM me for more details.

Blessings,
Gemma

InHisLove726

[quote name='Gemma' post='1914861' date='Jul 8 2009, 08:56 PM']I went five times! I even wrote an article, and intended to publish it in Catholic Digest, but the sisters said it was too positive, and they were already having 60 at each retreat (there were maybe 20 when I attended), and please not to send it in. (Glad I wasn't making my living that way).

I know a discerner in your area who would like to go, so please PM me for more details.

Blessings,
Gemma[/quote]

That's kind of funny! To have something so positive that they don't want to attract more people that they already do! :D Nashville Dominicans are doing very well!

loveletslive

i am thinking of going in october also if flights from bloomington to nashville are cheap! NisiTe has been on both of their retreats (i think) and she is entering the community august 10th!

[quote name='loveletslive' post='1917055' date='Jul 10 2009, 10:39 PM']i am thinking of going in october also if flights from bloomington to nashville are cheap! NisiTe has been on both of their retreats (i think) and she is entering the community august 10th![/quote]

I have been on both :) they are different in their own unique way (like there is no silence at meals during the Jesu Caritas...that surprised me, but I should have expected it :lol: ) but they are both a blast to go on...both have wonderful talks, you get to pray with the Sisters and join the postulants and novices in recreation and their rosary walk...and yes, in four short weeks I will be living the Dominican life and am very excited...

Loveletslive, I think we both know someone who would be more than happy to drag you down to Jesu with her :lol: ;)

she_who_is_not

I don't think I will be able to go in October, which is a total bummer! I've got a couple of weddings and a retreat that I can't get out of. Maybe in March! I really want to go!

InHisLove726

[quote name='cmariadiaz' post='1919191' date='Jul 13 2009, 09:52 PM']Pardon my ignorance .... but I haven't heard of them before. Who are they?
:unsure:[/quote]

Here's the website:

[url="http://nashvilledominican.org/"]http://nashvilledominican.org/[/url]

They are the Nashville Dominicans, or better known as the Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia. They have their motherhouse in Nashville, TN, but have apostolates spread out across the US. They are a teaching order and have Sisters who teach in elementary, junior high, and high schools. They also have their own college in Nashville called Aquinas College.

Their website has a thorough history on the order and all the schools that they teach at. :D

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1919201' date='Jul 13 2009, 11:20 PM']Here's the website:

[url="http://nashvilledominican.org/"]http://nashvilledominican.org/[/url]

They are the Nashville Dominicans, or better known as the Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia. They have their motherhouse in Nashville, TN, but have apostolates spread out across the US. They are a teaching order and have Sisters who teach in elementary, junior high, and high schools. They also have their own college in Nashville called Aquinas College.

Their website has a thorough history on the order and all the schools that they teach at. :D[/quote]

Ah! Say no more! Why no one mentioned "Nashville Dominicans" I dunno (unless I missed it somewhere)!

I did a websearch on Jesu Caritas and kept running into something else that seemed not to be it ... so of course I asked.

Praying for those who want to go :-).

[quote name='cmariadiaz' post='1920142' date='Jul 14 2009, 08:49 PM']Praying for those who want to go :-).[/quote]

I'll be there, to certain degree ;)