An Old School Catholic Message Board

From Nunsense - Still In Sheffield Carmel

AccountDeleted

AccountDeleted

Dear all my beloved phatmass phamily - I am in Paris right now at an Internet cafe, and I am typing very fast to save money, so I hope this is clear. I had to leave England for visa problems, long story - but Mother decided to send me to Paris for the day, and then back in on a visitor visa until they get their sponsorship licence approved by the Home Office (could take weeks still).

So I caught the train from Sheffield to London and then to Paris and will spend the night here and then back to England tomorrow.

I just wanted to let you all know that I love you and am praying for you all - and am sorry that I haven't replied to some PMs which I just saw now. I don't have Internet access at the convent, although Reverend Mother did let me get online briefly to plan this trip. She uses email for vocation enquiries, but the sisters aren't allowed access. And I don't have time now to reply, but thank you for the good wishes and I love you all!

I am so very happy and at peace at Kirk Edge Carmel (that is what they call it) - and I want to live and die there (they have their own cemetery). I love the community and Mother, and their charism is so faithful to Our Holy Mother, St Teresa. I feel at home, and can't wait to get back there tomorrow evening!

We are having the relics of St Therese coming to our monastery in October, and we are very happy and excited about that. Every day is just so beautiful, and there is nothing I would rather be doing.

Thank you all for all your love and support over the years. I will try to get my sister-in-law to post an update every now again (clothing, profession, etc) because I am allowed to phone her every month, and I do write to her as well. I can receive and send snail mail, so feel free to write if you want to. My name in religion is Sr Michael Maria of God, and the address is Carmelite Monastery, Kirk Edge, High Bradfield, Sheffield, S6 6LJ England UK

In the love of Christ Jesus
Sr MM of God (Annie)

PS - can you believe it has been two months!! I feel as if I have been there forever but also feel that the time has gone so quickly - it must be happiness! :love:

Edited by nunsense

osapientia

[quote name='nunsense' post='1914381' date='Jul 8 2009, 02:37 PM']Dear all my beloved phatmass phamily - I am in Paris right now at an Internet cafe, and I am typing very fast to save money, so I hope this is clear. I had to leave England for visa problems, long story - but Mother decided to send me to Paris for the day, and then back in on a visitor visa until they get their sponsorship licence approved by the Home Office (could take weeks still).

So I caught the train from Sheffield to London and then to Paris and will spend the night here and then back to England tomorrow.

I just wanted to let you all know that I love you and am praying for you all - and am sorry that I haven't replied to some PMs which I just saw now. I don't have Internet access at the convent, although Reverend Mother did let me get online briefly to plan this trip. She uses email for vocation enquiries, but the sisters aren't allowed access. And I don't have time now to reply, but thank you for the good wishes and I love you all!

I am so very happy and at peace at Kirk Edge Carmel (that is what they call it) - and I want to live and die there (they have their own cemetery). I love the community and Mother, and their charism is so faithful to Our Holy Mother, St Teresa. I feel at home, and can't wait to get back there tomorrow evening!

We are having the relics of St Therese coming to our monastery in October, and we are very happy and excited about that. Every day is just so beautiful, and there is nothing I would rather be doing.

Thank you all for all your love and support over the years. I will try to get my sister-in-law to post an update every now again (clothing, profession, etc) because I am allowed to phone her every month, and I do write to her as well. I can receive and send snail mail, so feel free to write if you want to. My name in religion is Sr Michael Maria of God, and the address is Carmelite Monastery, Kirk Edge, High Bradfield, Sheffield, S6 6LJ England UK

In the love of Christ Jesus
Sr MM of God (Annie)

PS - can you believe it has been two months!! I feel as if I have been there forever but also feel that the time has gone so quickly - it must be happiness! :love:[/quote]

Dear Sr Michael Maria of God,

What a nice surprise to hear from you...though I am sorry for the visa difficulty. I'm so glad you are peaceful and loving your new life at Kirk Edge. May God continue to bless you - and thanks for writing.

Peace,
Osap

VeniteAdoremus

If you have any other problems, come stay with us - 30 minutes from Amsterdam Airport.

Wonderful to hear from you!

kavalamyself

God bless you, dear Sister! You deserve to be so very happy, following God's call, all the way through!

Kavala

FiereMargriet

I am so happy to hear that you have found such a lovely monastery! I have been praying for you and I will pray that your visa problem gets resolved. You are a great example for all of us on PM of following Our Lord. Have a nice time in Paris (do you have any plans tovisit Notre Dame and/or the Sacre Coeur Basilica?) and I hope you are back with your Sisters soon.

Marie-Therese

It's so awesome to call you Sister. :blowkiss:

Expect a letter from me soon! You are in my prayers, my dear. Remember me at Vespers during the Magnificat, if you can keep it in mind. I need a little extra love from Our Lady right now.

May the Peace of our God be with you!! Praised be Jesus Christ, now and forever!

Peyton

Have been praying everyday that you have finally found "your resting place, forever" - Praise God! Will continue with you in my prayers.

AccountDeleted

Dear all, yes, I will keep you all in my prayers (Marie-Therese, of course) and DameAgnes, I will respond to your letter eventually - please forgive me and be patient! I am praying for you and your family and thank you for the St Michael prayer card.

I went to Notre Dame last night and it was closed, so am off now to see it before I leave Paris (very soon). VeniteAdoremus, thank you for the invite - maybe some day! I can't believe I entered Carmel thinking I would never see Paris in my lifetime, and here I am! Who knows what else God has in store? He is so amazing. I am perfectly content at Kirk Edge Carmel, but He does work in mysterious ways, and when I have to leave again for the resident visa application, I will be open to any possibility. Mother says we may go to either Albania or Slovenia Carmels because they have links with them, and I could stay with one of them while I wait for the visa approval. They actually founded the Slovenia Carmel, and helped with Albania's, so they are all close friends. Maybe I should start learning Slovenian and Albanian?? :)

Ok, offline again for now -- keep discerning everyone -- or keep encouraging those who do -- we support each other with our prayers! All for love of Jesus :love:

CatherineM

For a Cloistered nun, you have better vacations than I do.

It's a shame the cathedral was closed. Isn't it a shame we have to lock our doors?

Dear Sr. Michael Maria,

What a pretty name. I am so happy for you to finally be settled in your new home. I know it's been a tough journey for you. But it sounds like you have found your desert place, I am so happy for you. Hopefully, in August I will be recieving profession in OCDS so we will have a special bond in Carmel. Remeber my son Br John, CPM in your prayers, and Gods blessings on you.

In Jesus and Mary
Ray
OCDSdad
(formally phatdaddy)