An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Awareness Retreat

Deus te Amat

Deus te Amat

Hi all. I haven't posted in the VS in awhile... I've been busy with school, but I have a prayer request.

I'm going on a Vocation Awareness retreat this weekend. It's not with any specific community - it's just hosted by the diocese I'm in, but there will be several different communities there. It's my first vocations retreat where I'm not a counselor for 11-16 year olds. Prayers would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thank you and Pax Christi!
DtA

InHisLove726

Prayers for you! :bigpray: I wish our diocese would do something like this, but we don't have very many religious orders in this area. The only ones I can think of, that are habited, are the Sister Servants of the Home of the Mother and the Daughters of Charity. Because of this, there are not many discerners here. :(

Edited by InHisLove726

Maria Faustina

Ahh!! DtA, my Dominican sis!!! I haven't seen you around here in a long time! Prayers definetly!!

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1920673' date='Jul 15 2009, 03:22 PM']Hi all. I haven't posted in the VS in awhile... I've been busy with school, but I have a prayer request.

I'm going on a Vocation Awareness retreat this weekend. It's not with any specific community - it's just hosted by the diocese I'm in, but there will be several different communities there. It's my first vocations retreat where I'm not a counselor for 11-16 year olds. Prayers would be greatly appreciated. :)

DtA[/quote]

Is this the diocese of Harrisburg? I know they're having something like this at my university/the seminary this weekend. My best friend is attending and I *may* be as well, since I'm already on campus.

Deus te Amat

Thanks all!!

[quote name='Maria Faustina' post='1920731' date='Jul 15 2009, 03:18 PM']Ahh!! DtA, my Dominican sis!!! I haven't seen you around here in a long time! Prayers definitely!![/quote]

:))

Thank you!

Unfortunately, I don't think the ND's will be here, but that's okay. I'm just looking forward to spending some quality time with Our Lord. I think I've realized that He won't reveal His will til I finish school, but listening for His call can't hurt. ;)

:twist:

I'm excited.

Edited by Deus_te_Amat

Deus te Amat

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' post='1920732' date='Jul 15 2009, 03:20 PM']Is this the diocese of Harrisburg? I know they're having something like this at my university/the seminary this weekend. My best friend is attending and I *may* be as well, since I'm already on campus.[/quote]

Nope. :mellow:

But I'll be holding you and your friend in my prayers this weekend. Please do the same for me. :)

relientfoot08

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1920673' date='Jul 15 2009, 02:22 PM']Hi all. I haven't posted in the VS in awhile... I've been busy with school, but I have a prayer request.

DtA[/quote]

Me too!!! :) lol. We should pray for each other and those that will be with us on our spiritual journey. Is it in Irving, Texas? That is where I will be.

Fr. Antony Maria OSB

And yet you did not tell me of this when we talked on the phone FOUR DAYS AGO?! I am ashamed of you, DtA...lol jkjk. Of course you will be in my prayers! We shall have to plan a little powwow sometime like we did first semester soon, it seems, lol!

Deus te Amat

[quote name='NazFarmer' post='1920774' date='Jul 15 2009, 04:27 PM']And yet you did not tell me of this when we talked on the phone FOUR DAYS AGO?! I am ashamed of you, DtA...lol jkjk. Of course you will be in my prayers! We shall have to plan a little powwow sometime like we did first semester soon, it seems, lol![/quote]

I uh, made the decision today. :mellow:

I had to get special permission from Father. But he was excited. ;)

And yes... I think we do need a powwow. And a Naz/DtA hug. :)

Deus te Amat
:bump:

I leave in a few hours. Prayers would be greatly appreciated this weekend. Thank you. :)

Thomist-in-Training

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1922888' date='Jul 17 2009, 04:16 PM']:bump:

I leave in a few hours. Prayers would be greatly appreciated this weekend. Thank you. :)[/quote]

You got it!

Deus te Amat

[quote name='Thomist-in-Training' post='1922889' date='Jul 17 2009, 04:17 PM']You got it![/quote]

Thank you. :))