An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Awareness Retreat

Deus te Amat

Deus te Amat

Thanks for the prayers everyone. I didn't learn anything I didn't know before... meaning I'm at peace with knowing I'm not supposed to know right now. But I met some amazing people and am spiritually renewed (yay!).

One thing that bothered me was that, in trying to be fair to all communities, they put a great emphasis on unhabited communities. There was even a sister there that wore pants. I would never have guessed that she was a sister. I had several habit discussions over the weekend... lol. And in the movie we watched, two of the sisters interviewed were unhabited, and they talked about how glad they were they could be "progressive" today and dress to be "normal". One even wore a ton of makeup, had her hair styled, and wore jewelry with her professional clothes. To be fair, the movie also showed cloistered Carmelites, and another habited community, but I really felt like they were misrepresenting what the religious life should be.

But, the people were great, the sacraments were amazing, and I got to go to adoration two nights in a row. YAY. Praise God for all the Blessings he gives his children. :)