An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Need Your Thoughts On Idea I Had

InHisLove726

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1923855' date='Jul 18 2009, 05:23 PM']I reiterated to my mom today that I am not being picky. Of course, my preference is not in fast food or delivering pizzas, but I can't afford not to have a job right now.

Today, my mom and I went to Zaxby's for lunch and I picked up an application there. What I do a lot is fill out the application and then copy it on my All-In-One printer and then take it to the place I picked the application up from and others in the same area. This takes the load off of filling out several different applications. ;) Basically anywhere I go now that I even have a slight interest in, I pick up an application. I picked one up from Chick-Fil-A when I was there this past week, and copied it to take to 3 other locations.

Panera is a good idea. I still have other places I haven't really thought of, so I am going to make a list and check off where I've applied to and go to where I haven't to pick up an application. :)

Thomist-in-Training, I like your suggestion on the PM. I will pray for St. Joseph to help me out. I can use all the help I can get!!! :wacko: LOL![/quote]

After you apply remember to call the next day, and the day after, to badger badger badger! Make those people absolutely sick of you! :)

Also I can't remember if this has been suggested or not, but try calling up a local temp agency and see if they can place you!! Even if it's not a long-term assignment, temp jobs usually pay decently. Back when I was in college I would call up [url="http://www.kellyservices.com"]Kelly Services[/url] and have them get me a job for the summer. After graduation they eventually got me the permanent corporate job I have now!

InHisLove726

[quote name='Maggie' post='1924342' date='Jul 19 2009, 12:53 AM']Also I can't remember if this has been suggested or not, but try calling up a local temp agency and see if they can place you!! Even if it's not a long-term assignment, temp jobs usually pay decently. Back when I was in college I would call up [url="http://www.kellyservices.com"]Kelly Services[/url] and have them get me a job for the summer. After graduation they eventually got me the permanent corporate job I have now![/quote]

That's a good idea. ;) I hadn't even thought of temp agencies. :cool:

If nothing works out, though, I do have an appointment with a Vocational Services program that will provide me with assistance in my job search on August 13th. It's an orientation, and if all goes well, they'll start helping me find a job. They also provide resume writing services, which I need. :)