An Old School Catholic Message Board

Oh Hai.

VeniteAdoremus

VeniteAdoremus

I have returned!

The sisters hugged me to within an inch of my life, and then I really had to leave :)

My entrance date has been set on...

dadadadummmm....

The feast of the nativity of Our Lady, e.g. September 8th!

This is earlier than I expected, so please, please, PLEASE pray for me so that I graduate in time!

Sr. Prioress picked this date because...

...the relics of St. Therese de Lisieux, my confirmation saint, are visiting our diocese the week after (to the day). And we're going there, of course. Speaking of entrance graces :)

I know, I know, you're all insanely jealous ;) If you're quick about it, I'm sure the sisters could clean out another cell, but there's a lot of paperwork!

Deus te Amat

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1926795' date='Jul 21 2009, 05:03 PM']I have returned!

The sisters hugged me to within an inch of my life, and then I really had to leave :)

dadadadummmm....

This is earlier than I expected, so please, please, PLEASE pray for me so that I graduate in time!

...the relics of St. Therese de Lisieux, my confirmation saint, are visiting our diocese the week after (to the day). And we're going there, of course. Speaking of entrance graces :)

I know, I know, you're all insanely jealous ;) If you're quick about it, I'm sure the sisters could clean out another cell, but there's a lot of paperwork![/quote]

Maybe I'll take you up on that offer. :mellow:

Can I visit you whilst I'm in England? Please?

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1926796' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:04 AM']Welcome back![/quote]

Ta :) I don't know whether I'll be online much, the mothership (in France) doesn't have wifi... but I'll try :)

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1926807' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:10 AM']So what's the address at which we can reach you?[/quote]

It is

Saint Dominic's Priory
Shirley Holms Road
Lymington
Hampshire SO41 8NH

You can address it to either Sr. Michelle or Sr. Rosaleen OP, they're the novice mistress and prioress, respectively.

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1926829' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:30 AM']Maybe I'll take you up on that offer. :mellow:

Can I visit you whilst I'm in England? Please?[/quote]

YES YOU CAN. That is, no you can't, because I can't have visitors. But as we're an apostolic community, I do a lot of wandering around the convent and when not at work or prayer are most certainly allowed to talk to guests. And clean their toilets. I'm such a lucky girl.

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1926875' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:52 AM']Ahhh! Awesome!! :yahoo:[/quote]

I can't stop grinning :)

Deus te Amat

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1926965' date='Jul 21 2009, 06:41 PM']YES YOU CAN. That is, no you can't, because I can't have visitors. But as we're an apostolic community, I do a lot of wandering around the convent and when not at work or prayer are most certainly allowed to talk to guests. And clean their toilets. I'm such a lucky girl.[/quote]

I am so excited for you!!

How would I let you know I'm secretly coming? It'd be next May sometime, but I don't want to get there and then not know where in the world to find you... :unsure:

Although, I'm sure I'd find plenty to do with all the other Dominicans wandering around. I guess I'd just look for the super tall one? And then explain who I am after I tackled you?

hoosieranna

Good luck and God bless. You will be greatly missed, but I think you will be so incredibly happy.

InHisLove726

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1926795' date='Jul 21 2009, 05:03 PM']I have returned!

dadadadummmm....

I know, I know, you're all insanely jealous ;) If you're quick about it, I'm sure the sisters could clean out another cell, but there's a lot of paperwork![/quote]

Goodness!!! I've got 2 other friends entering on that same day!!! What a present to Our Lady on her birthday!!!! :D You will be greatly missed, VA, of that you can be sure. ;) I'll be praying for you! St. Therese is one of my best friends in heaven, so I will ask her to pick a rose from the heavenly garden for your intentions. Godspeed, VA, and God bless you!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Congratulations and God speed! I'm sure Our Lord will clear all obstacles. Please keep us in your prayers and we will surely do the same for you!

This is such exciting news. I'm feeling all giddy inside! :D

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1926795' date='Jul 21 2009, 05:03 PM']My entrance date has been set on...

dadadadummmm....

The feast of the nativity of Our Lady, e.g. September 8th![/quote]
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Congrats and Congrats!!!

(I now have visions of DeusteAmat sneaking in to see you wearing a disguise!)

[img]http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1672/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1672R-8499.jpg[/img]

InHisLove726

[quote name='deusluxmea' post='1927365' date='Jul 21 2009, 10:12 PM']Congrats and Congrats!!!

[img]http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1672/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1672R-8499.jpg[/img][/quote]

:lol_pound:

Deus te Amat

[quote name='deusluxmea' post='1927365' date='Jul 21 2009, 10:12 PM']Congrats and Congrats!!!

[img]http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1672/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1672R-8499.jpg[/img][/quote]

:lol_roll: I totally should. But, I mean, as a young girl considering the Dominican life, they'd let me talk to one of their postulants, right? :unsure:

Plus, she's going to be hard to miss. I hope I can visit. I didn't realize how far south it was.