An Old School Catholic Message Board

Oh Hai.

VeniteAdoremus

VeniteAdoremus

Yes, they do evangelization :) They're like female friars :P it's even in the community constitutions that they can never operate a school or hospital (although two of the sisters do work in schools) because that could impede a quick move, should they be needed somewhere.

The sisters have hairdryers... wet hair under a veil wouldn't be very pleasant, even if it's short!

Passerby: it's kind of needed in my case, since I have to bring so much stuff (my duvet, to name but one, is rather big, and I'm bringing it because I fit under it, which isn't typical :) ). But if I had just a single suitcase... I think I'd still prefer to have them with me. Especially my brother. Unfortunately we're not sure whether he can get the time off yet.

So no, they're not cloistered, although the sisters' living area is strictly no-access to anyone but people like workmen (if really needed) and sometimes visitors for Sr. Margarita, who is in a wheelchair and can't easily come to the guest house. This upset my mum because she'd love to cook for the entire community, but alas, the kitchen is in the cloistered area.

littlesister

"A joy that's shared is a joy that's doubled!" - I'd love to take you all, add our new postulants, and dance around the room. Since that would scarcely work, I expect that Dominic, Catherine, and Jeanne will be having their own party in heaven!

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1926965' date='Jul 21 2009, 05:41 PM']Ta :) I don't know whether I'll be online much, the mothership (in France) doesn't have wifi... but I'll try :)

It is

Saint Dominic's Priory
Shirley Holms Road
Lymington
Hampshire SO41 8NH

You can address it to either Sr. Michelle or Sr. Rosaleen OP, they're the novice mistress and prioress, respectively.[/quote]

I hope that I don't sound like a creeper, but I just googled your convent. The inside of the church is [i]so[/i] awesome.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1931432' date='Jul 25 2009, 10:43 AM']I hope that I don't sound like a creeper, but I just googled your convent. The inside of the church is [i]so[/i] awesome.[/quote]

Gosh. Gosh. Don't get me started.

In the winter, you see the sun rising during the Office of Readings.

When it's light outside, you see trees everywhere, but at a distance... not cooped up. Best background for mental prayer ever.

Marble floor... with floor heating.

The acoustics are excellent, partly because it's so small. The chaplain doesn't have to speak up. Makes for a very intimate Mass experience.

My dad actually said that there is now a downside to my entering: if I wasn't in the novitiate, he could come on retreat three times a year :)

Have you listened to Sr. Hyacinthe's Veni Sancte Spiritus, by the way? She has NO training in music AT ALL.