An Old School Catholic Message Board

I've Been Accepted!

Irishdancingmimi

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1927518' date='Jul 21 2009, 10:25 PM']:lol_roll:

I imagine it's a lot like other places. But I'm just guessing....

-Socks
-T-shirts
-Underwear
-Pantyhose or tights
-4 volume set of Liturgy of the Hours
--etc.

I remember my friend, Elizabeth (who is entering the Carmelites DCJ in Sept.), telling me how much stuff she had to buy! I was like, 'Are you joining the army or a convent?!??!?" :hehe:[/quote]

When my son went in the Navy, he was only allowed to take white briefs with him. I guess they didn't want him showing up in silk paisley boxers. I'm assuming the convent wouldn't want you wearing something similar. Everything had to be unscented, and since they didn't want to have to rifle through everything, they told him he'd have to buy all his toiletries once he got there. He basically went with just what he had on. The Navy wasn't dealing with just 22 people though.

Irishdancingmimi

Thank you all so much for you replies! :D Yes, I will be very busy these weeks; however, its a good busy. Everything I do in preparation for entrance is a small gift I can give to God...All leading up to me giving myself wholly to him!

CatherineM, it is exactly what InHisLove said. Basically the stuff that she said plus a wristwatch, black shoes, and just practical things that one would need.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers! Peace!

~Melissa

You also need to start practicing saying the Magnificat with a Southern accent, if you want to fit in with the Nashvillains - "Mah soul declay-ers th' goodness o' the Lard!"

Once you've got it down pat, go in peace to love and serve the Lord.

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

Iam discerning benedictine or carmelite life as a monk or hermit, please pray for me as i pray for you. (as soon as you read this just say 3 hail marys for me and that will be enough thank you.}

InHisLove726

[quote name='Luigi' post='1927666' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:22 AM']You also need to start practicing saying the Magnificat with a Southern accent, if you want to fit in with the Nashvillains - "Mah soul declay-ers th' goodness o' the Lard!"

Once you've got it down pat, go in peace to love and serve the Lord.[/quote]

:lol_roll: :lol_roll:

Marie-Therese

Congratulations and prayers for your wonderful news! May God richly bless you as you seek Him.

[quote name='Luigi' post='1927666' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:22 AM']You also need to start practicing saying the Magnificat with a Southern accent, if you want to fit in with the Nashvillains - "Mah soul declay-ers th' goodness o' the Lard!"[/quote]

Hey, I resemble that remark! LOL