An Old School Catholic Message Board

Final Professions Today!

NisiTe

+M

Today is the Final Profession of Vows for the Nashville Dominicans! 8 Sisters will be professing final vows!! Please keep them in your prayers!!

Also, while I'm on topic...on Monday, the current postulants (I believe 13) will be received to the habit, given their new names and officially begin their canonical novitiate...this includes my Angel (Sr. Tessa) so a few extra prayer for her would be amazing as well as the other girls...

Then on tuesday 6 novices will be making their first vows!!

Edited by NisiTe

VeniteAdoremus

Wikkit :)

I was wondering about that... how are 13 novices going to Angel 22 postulants? The poor girls :)

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1930867' date='Jul 24 2009, 04:10 PM']Wikkit :)

I was wondering about that... how are 13 novices going to Angel 22 postulants? The poor girls :)[/quote]

they double up, hehe...last year they had 6 novices and 18 postulants...

VeniteAdoremus

I see :) That will be quite the hair-cutting fest :D

Me, I like it plain and simple: one postulant, one novice, one novice mistress ;)

(Actually, we're going to be postulants together for ten days. We've already been instructed that postulants exist to cause mischief.)

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1931038' date='Jul 24 2009, 08:09 PM'](Actually, we're going to be postulants together for ten days. We've already been instructed that postulants exist to cause mischief.)[/quote]

haha...that's amazing...during the night prayers for my community one of the things they pray for is the prevention of pestilence...if one isn't listening that closely, one might mistake that for postulants...

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1931038' date='Jul 24 2009, 07:09 PM']I see :) That will be quite the hair-cutting fest :D

Me, I like it plain and simple: one postulant, one novice, one novice mistress ;)

(Actually, we're going to be postulants together for ten days. We've already been instructed that postulants exist to cause mischief.)[/quote]

So, the postulant that we see in the pics will be veiled 10 days after you enter, is that it? Cool.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1932030' date='Jul 26 2009, 03:44 AM']Sorry to hijack, but what time are the first professions on Tuesday?[/quote]

Yes, by all means, don't get back on topic ;)

[quote name='DameAgnes' post='1932036' date='Jul 26 2009, 03:50 AM']So, the postulant that we see in the pics will be veiled 10 days after you enter, is that it? Cool.[/quote]

She will! Please pray for her - her name is Benedicta (without the "Sr.", as per the community's custom - I won't be a sister either for another year) and she has requested to become Sr. Mary Benedicta OP, as her baptismal name can hardly be out-done. But we have to wait until the day itself before we know, of course :)

She's from Nigeria, and lived in England for three years before she entered here. Most convents in Nigeria don't accept anyone over 30.

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1932030' date='Jul 25 2009, 08:44 PM']Sorry to hijack, but what time are the first professions on Tuesday?[/quote]

I'm wanting to say 9:30am...

Deus te Amat

[quote name='NisiTe' post='1932347' date='Jul 26 2009, 07:24 AM']I'm wanting to say 9:30am...[/quote]

Do you know how I can find out for sure?

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1932520' date='Jul 26 2009, 03:45 PM']Do you know how I can find out for sure?[/quote]

you could try contacting the sisters

Deus te Amat

[quote name='NisiTe' post='1932672' date='Jul 26 2009, 06:52 PM']you could try contacting the sisters[/quote]

The thought scares me. :shock:

I won't be going, but a friend of mine is making her first profession. I wanted to be able to pray for her at the specific time.

And another friend lives in Nashville and wanted to try to go...

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1932683' date='Jul 26 2009, 07:12 PM']The thought scares me. :shock:

I won't be going, but a friend of mine is making her first profession. I wanted to be able to pray for her at the specific time.

And another friend lives in Nashville and wanted to try to go...[/quote]

I am 100% certain that it's 9:30am...I just went to the Cathedral of the Incarnation's website and that is the time that they have down