An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Told A Nun That I My Have Dyslexia.

carmelite15

carmelite15

Ok well i was talking to this nun right and i told her i my have dyslexia and it been like 2 weeks sense we last talkd i just sent her an email saying how are u and stuff like that. Do you guys think that shes not talk to me bc of that or she just doing nun stuff, and the one i sent to her about me mybe haveing dyslexia was sent on the feast day of our lady of Mt. Carmel to Mother. But i just want to know what you guys think? i feal so stupid
am sorry God dose not want me say that about myself. just tell me ok you guys.

truthfinder

I once sent a letter to a monastery that was not responded to for more than 5 weeks. They were two hours away by car. Sometimes retreats and other events get in the way, or maybe they just had a mail rush. Don't worry, and you're not stupid.

It can be very hard for religious to answer mail quickly, even vocation mail, because they only have so much time that they can write... they've got to go to prayer, meals, and other things throughout the day which can restrict their time... it just makes it slow. I wouldn't worry about it. You are definitely NOT stupid... It's good to be honest. Any decent religious will appreciate your honesty. I'm sure they will get back to you. :flowers:

Digitaldame

No, you are definitely not stupid! As a nun myself, I'd like to assure you that honesty is always appreciated, that dyslexia is no big deal compared with the grace of vocation, and yes, nuns can be "bad" at answering mail. I often feel swamped myself: we get lots and there is so little time to fit everything in. One of my correspondents memorably began a letter with "I so treasure the letter you wrote to me three years ago . . ." Oh dear!

Edited by Digitaldame

puellapaschalis

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1932279' date='Jul 26 2009, 08:10 AM']It can be very hard for religious to answer mail quickly, even vocation mail, because they only have so much time that they can write... they've got to go to prayer, meals, and other things throughout the day which can restrict their time... it just makes it slow. I wouldn't worry about it. You are definitely NOT stupid... It's good to be honest. Any decent religious will appreciate your honesty. I'm sure they will get back to you. :flowers:[/quote]

Verbum!

Religious life is [i]really[/i] busy, and sometimes things just have to wait. Don't worry :)

toservelove

Don't spend another minute thinking that dyslexia makes you less capable. Focus on all the gifts God has given you. We have a sister here who entered at 18. She recently told me that she has dyslexia. I would have never known. She is so talented in other ways, who cares if her reading isn't the best. She cooks, sews, makes rosaries, can tat (make) lace, embroiders, and tell the funniest stories! Not to mention how kind and loving she is. There are always things you can do to get around having dyslexia. So stop worrying. The nun is probably just busy. Remember that you aren't the only person discerning that she is in contact with.

kavalamyself

Perhaps having such a difficulty is Jesus' way of sharing His Cross with you. Don't worry about the nun not answering, like everybody has already said, she is probably really busy and hasn't been able to yet.

I know what it is like waiting, though, and not hearing anything back. It can feel awful.

Sister Rose Therese

Many communities have their annual retreats around this time of year. It is also a very busy time for vocation and youth events. She may be away from the convent at an event or she may be on retreat.
Just give her a little more time then try again.
If your dyslexia were really a big problem they would let you know, they wouldn't just stop replying to your e-mails.
God bless