Adorers Of The Royal Heart Of Jesus Christ

Kathgirl

Hmmm....somehow we started out in St. Louis and wound up in Florida! :lol_roll:
There are actually a few more communities to look at in Florida:

Poor Clares of Delray Beach
Poor Clares of Fort Myers Beach
Sisters of St. Clare in Largo
Community of the Epiphany in Sarasota
The Benedictines at Ave Maria are a very small offshoot of a monastery in the Northeast. They are trying to combine a monastic life with limited teaching at Ave Maria University.

As you might expect in Florida, very few communities down there wear a full traditional habit. Seems pretty sensible to me.

And yes, here in Missouri, especially in St. Louis we are blessed to have so many religious houses. They didn't used to call us "Rome of the West" fer nuthin'!

Deus te Amat

[quote name='stlmom' post='1941300' date='Aug 5 2009, 04:44 PM']The Benedictines at Ave Maria are a very small offshoot of a monastery in the Northeast. They are trying to combine a monastic life with limited teaching at Ave Maria University.[/quote]

Ah! Thank you. I'm glad to know my memory didn't fail me. I'm not old, yet! :)

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='stlmom' post='1941300' date='Aug 5 2009, 02:44 PM']And yes, here in Missouri, especially in St. Louis we are blessed to have so many religious houses. They didn't used to call us "Rome of the West" fer nuthin'![/quote]
I think you St. Louis-ians need to start sharing with the rest of us...

RosaMystica

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='1941357' date='Aug 5 2009, 07:46 PM']I think you St. Louis-ians need to start sharing with the rest of us...[/quote]

I heartily agree! :P

InHisLove726

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='1941357' date='Aug 5 2009, 06:46 PM']I think you St. Louis-ians need to start sharing with the rest of us...[/quote]

iawtc ;)

DominicanPhilosophy

Wow!

"There is more information about the Sisters at their website, above, and at the Institute's U.S. site here (http://www.institute-christ-king.org/vocations/sisters/), from which comes this excerpt of a letter from the Sisters describing their community and its spirituality:

[i]Adorers of the Royal Heart of Jesus Christ, Sovereign Priest, we are children of St. Francis de Sales, Doctor of divine Love. It is in his school that we desire to learn, by practice of the hidden virtues, to love and adore God in spirit and in truth, in response to the infinite and merciful Love that pours forth from the pierced Heart of the Sovereign Priest. It is to this Heart that we are consecrated - as our motto, In Corde Regis ("In the Heart of the King"), indicates - so that we may render glory to God and intercede most particularly for the priests of the Institute and the souls entrusted to them.

Our spirituality is at the same time Salesian and Benedictine, according to the spirit of the Institute of Christ the King. The core of our spirituality is founded on the worship of God, to Whom supreme adoration is due. At the heart of the life of the Church, and consequently, of the Institute is a great love of the holy Liturgy, as our holy patron St. Benedict teaches us. Through the holy Liturgy we are led to the most Sacred Heart of Jesus, which is "the open window to the Divinity" (St. Francis de Sales). It is the Holy Liturgy which, as primary source of our spirituality, establishes the rhythm of daily life in our community.[/i]"

I think that is *awesome*, and many discerners here on PM may be interested in such a neat mix of spiritualities. ^_^

+JMJD

Edited by DominicanPhilosophy

can't help but to be proud that our city is very blessed with many religious orders (all of them habited) In the Philippines, i only know of the Charles de Foucauld Sisters and the Sisters of the Cenacle are not habited. Here in the Philippines, where almost 90% are Roman Catholics, it would be very controversial if they would see nuns without their habits!

we have the Sacramentine Capuchin Poor Clares, Daughters of Mt. Carmel, OCD Nuns (traditional habits!), Minim nuns, Benedictine Nuns (haven't seen them)the Daughters of Saint Paul to name a few.

If Saint Louis is the Rome of the West, our city is dubbed as the Rome of the Philippines (probably of the east, since our country is the only Catholic nation in Asia)

Sorry for the bragging! I can;t help it!

How I love the name of that order. So unique and inspiring. The world needs them

Edited by tnavarro61