An Old School Catholic Message Board

Don't Know What To Do...

InHisLove726

+J.M.J.+
how about we stop hijacking InHisLove's thread? ;)

i would say to wait a day, then call back. i would say because of your history, they are probably unsure of hiring you back. be persistent and consistent! :)

InHisLove726

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1941912' date='Aug 6 2009, 11:33 AM']+J.M.J.+

i would say to wait a day, then call back. i would say because of your history, they are probably unsure of hiring you back. be persistent and consistent! :)[/quote]

Thank you. I'm going to call back today and see if she is working. ;)

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1941912' date='Aug 6 2009, 11:33 AM']+J.M.J.+

i would say to wait a day, then call back. i would say because of your history, they are probably unsure of hiring you back. be persistent and consistent! :)[/quote]

just *sniff* trying to *sniff* make her *sniff* laugh and *sniff* and *sniff* and relieve some *sniff* *sniff* tension.... :sadder:

yeah...what lil red said persistence pays off

[img]http://lolcat.net/d/2219-2/guitar_cat.gif[/img]

InHisLove726

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1942042' date='Aug 6 2009, 01:53 PM']Thank you. I'm going to call back today and see if she is working. ;)[/quote]

I actually didn't call her back last night because I went to Adoration. I got home and found a friend had posted something on my Facebook saying that the place she works is hiring! She asked if I had a resume, so I emailed her. She told me she's going to give it to her boss the next time she works. :)

It's for a Certified Nursing Assistant position too! :D

Edited by InHisLove726

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1942532' date='Aug 6 2009, 11:47 PM']I actually didn't call her back last night because I went to Adoration. I got home and found a friend had posted something on my Facebook saying that the place she works is hiring! She asked if I had a resume, so I emailed her. She told me she's going to give it to her boss the next time she works. :)

It's for a Certified Nursing Assistant position too! :D[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
tip: follow up with the other job if you get this CNA position. something like, "i know you were going out on a limb with me and i appreciate it, but i was offered a position utilizing my training." a thank you note is even better ;) that way you cultivate that relationship still.

InHisLove726

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1942729' date='Aug 7 2009, 12:46 PM']+J.M.J.+
tip: follow up with the other job if you get this CNA position. something like, "i know you were going out on a limb with me and i appreciate it, but i was offered a position utilizing my training." a thank you note is even better ;) that way you cultivate that relationship still.[/quote]

I still don't know if I'll get the CNA job (although I hope). My resume will most likely go to a selection committee.

I still haven't heard back from the CSM yet. I'm planning to give her a call in an hour.

mariaassunta

Did you try the Little Sisters or the Carmelites for the aged and infirm they have openings all year round and a good health insurance policy for staff too. You dont have to be interested in a vocation with them to work there but its worth a try.

InHisLove726

Good news! I called today and asked if my old friend/CSM was working, and I was transferred to her. I reminded her who I was and casually asked if she had a chance to talk to her manager. She said he hadn't been in yet, but he will be in tomorrow. She also said that my number is on her desk along with my application. :D