An Old School Catholic Message Board

Check This Out

yiannii

just be like...

hey people... um... i don't think you can talk about things comming from the bible unless you realize more about the book than you know. first off... there were sacraments and doctrine BEFORE there was a bible. you can't argue and say that 'if it's not in the bible, it's not something that you should do' because the idea of a bible (more precisely, the new testiment) was not compiled untill the counsil of hipo (397 A.D.) the bible as we know it, comes from MAN'S DOCTRINE! what? so what did they do before that? well they had sacraments of faith, letters from popes and bishops, and all the messages we have from leaders of our faith today. the books of the bible have been around for as long as christianity has existed, and even as long as judism has existed... but the bible was compliled by man. now, if you're willing to say that the cathoic church is wrong for issuing statements and making doctrine because it's not written in the bible word for word, then how can you accept edited bibles, that were thuoght of by man? you'd have to say that these bibles were inspired through the holy spirit. if then, you assume that, you cannot rule out that popes, bishops, priests, nuns, saints, and even lay people can also be inspired to proclaim news of Gods will in whatever way God decides it to be anounced.

PAX

Edited by IXpenguin21

cmotherofpirl

Your a bit off on the dates dearie. The Bible as we know it ws canoned in the 400's.

Luther tried chopping it up in the 1500's.

The Bible is a product of the Catholic Church.

I wont debate with them, they are ignorant they have their minds set on falsey accusing us, I guess it makes them feel like they really know what they are talking about. But they really dont, you can give them proof and documents of the truth our Church contains, but they dont want to see that we are right it makes them feel good to bash us. (Some of them) When we aproach them with something that proves them wrong they change the subject.

Jake Huether

Your a bit off on the dates dearie. The Bible as we know it ws canoned in the 400's.

Luther tried chopping it up in the 1500's.

The Bible is a product of the Catholic Church.

The Bible was cononized in the year 397 ad, as previously stated, at the cousil of hipo. I don't know about the 400's, unless you've heard something else.

The other two statements, as far as I know, are true.

I think she meant around 400 AD. It took many years to finalize the Canon of the NT...

Athanasius first lists our present 27 New Testament books as such in 367. Disputes still persist concerning several books, almost right up until 397, when the Canon is authoritatively closed by the Council of Carthage with Pope Innocent I, approval. In 405 Pope Innocent I, sent the list of the Sacred Books to one of the bishops, Exsuperius of Toulouse.

The Catholic Bible was the Bible for ALL Christians until 1611 AD, when the 'reformers' (deformers) changed it. So, if someone wants to get 'biblical' then you need the original.

:D

The more people attack the Church, the stronger I know she is always right.... Even when Catholics say the Church is wrong and bring up something I am not familar with, once study for the rebutal, it strengthens my faith.... The Church is never wrong in faith and moral... I thank God for her everyday... Without the Catholic Church, we would all be lost.

God Bless,

ironmonk < i really should go to bed now >

Edited by ironmonk

i joined the board, but it wont let me say or do anything

it says i don't have permission

maybe its cause they know i'm right B)

Wow, I really should stop clicking links like that. I always end up shaking my fist at the screen. Here's my favorite:

Look, we know that Catholic practices with Mary and rosary beads and statues and saints ain't right, right?

Okay, then we can end that conversation.

Okay, that's just sick. Time to close that screen.

Nope, I was wrong. This is my favorite:

i think God would be a bit peeved when pple are singing / praying to the "Queen of heaven"

i joined their thing and am periodically startin threads with different subjects about Catholocism that they don't like

the current one is about statues

Statues=idols?

everyone feel free to join in n help me out!

Pax Christi

Wow - I was reading those Protestant posts, and pardon my French - but their ignorance really pisses me off! They need to climb out of the hole they're living in and start seeing the truth. May God have mercy on them.

Pax