An Old School Catholic Message Board

Check This Out

yiannii

Wow - I was reading those Protestant posts, and pardon my French - but their ignorance really pisses me off! They need to climb out of the hole they're living in and start seeing the truth. May God have mercy on them.

Pax

Ignorance drives me out of my mind sometimes. That's one of the reasons why i have this attitude towards Non-catholic christians and anti-catholics. Ignorance is not going to get them anywhere.

Edited by Mc-Just†

I think I just opened up a can of worms on CycleForums.

This could touch many subjects - Luther, the canon of scripture, and the Assumption (appropriate for today!).

Yiannii, Mc-Just, Aloysius, and jasJis, all of y'all are doing an excellent job defending the faith in that forum! May the day come when all non-Catholics find the truth that can only be found in the Catholic Church!

Uniting Church message board??

hahahahaha... that's really funny. At the moment there's more uniting church bagging on there than catholic.

Yout Alive is an inter-denominational org (set-up out of an AOG church) running events for teenagers. It might help knowing some background.

Also - there have been ACCEPTED catholic members on that board before.... but possibly spamming and overwhelming it with posts isn't the best way to do that.

Uniting Church message board??

hahahahaha...  that's really funny.  At the moment there's more uniting church bagging on there than catholic.

Yout Alive is an inter-denominational org (set-up out of an AOG church) running events for teenagers.  It might help knowing some background.

Also - there have been ACCEPTED catholic members on that board before....  but possibly spamming and overwhelming it with posts isn't the best way to do that.

:huh: lol

i think it's funnnn

i didn't know or care about the background, i just wanted to go infiltrate for i saw a distasteful conversation happening

maybe on Judgement day, if Jesus gets tired, some of you can take over and condemn everyone to hell.... especially those catholics who pray to mary.

That's from their board. When can people realize that we don't do this stuff? We pray through Mary, not to her!

Catholicism is the one we look at the most because, while its principles are heresy and I'll give you that, it's also the most prominant in the world.

Really? How interesting.

I'm disappointed you're done with this thread. Though I think you misunderstand Catholic Christianity, your questions and/or concerns are valid and you certainly aren't wrong to ask them or be concerned about them. I promise I can give you the complete and correct answer without getting upset or try to prostelyze you into another denomination. (That's between you and God and is a matter of Grace.) What I can do is provide the facts from the Catholic perspective. When I have questions about Protestant denoms, I don't ask other Catholics alone. I have Christian friends of other denoms I can ask.

God bless,

jasJis

jasJis - you go!!!

Hello and Peace be with you.

I am a Catholic and I am aware of the attitude by the majority of Bible Christians towards the Catholic church. Smurf dude, you feel the way you do because you do not really know and understand what the Catholic church teaches.

You let ignorance block you from learning the truth. We are called "Catholic" which means "Universal" because Christ sent his "ONE" CHURCH to preach the gospel to the ends of the earth and to every creature. Today the Catholic church can be found everywhere in the world and is the largest religious group in the world and Usa. Everything the Catholic church teaches is biblical. Just know that Jesus taught and preached many other things that were not written down, but passed on by word of mouth.

mcJust - yeah, you go too!

I just want to say that I'm proud to be part of this board where there are so many great people defending our Church. *Hugs*

:huh: lol

i think it's funnnn

i didn't know or care about the background, i just wanted to go infiltrate for i saw a distasteful conversation happening

Aloysius,

It's good to learn a little bit of background. There are a lot of people that are dissing any organized religion, including the Uniting Church. Infiltrating just to cause trouble just gives these people ammo to bash all denominations.

The Uniting Church is a conglomeration of a few denoms. One of the tenets they hold to is the Nicene Creed. Lot's of the kids there don't know that or aren't even part of the Uniting Church and don't realize their denom is being bashed too.

If we are patient and kind about telling the truth about Catholicsm when wrong ideas are posted, things will settle down. If eventually we can start showing what Doctrines the Uniting and Catholic Churches teach, then we build a basis of trust and open the door for God's grace to further enlighten all of us. If you are going their on a 'military' mission, you are only going to be thought of as an 'enemy' and they will reject everything you say as being wrong and fall for the entire anti-denomination crowd.

Settle down dude, and be patient.

Guest so alive

I'm kinda new here so tell me if i'm doin somthin I shouldnt be doin. I think there is a lot of misunderstandings between the churchs. for instance the Baptist churches in USA are very different to baptists in australia from what I'v gathered. (Where is this by the way?) I hope that people will be able to sort out their differences and than focus on the goal. I went to the Youth Alive Event with my youth group and saw people saved by Jesus Christ. They do a really good job.

Livin4Him

Dave

Hi Guys,

I'll introduce myself, I'm Phil and I'm the Administrator at the Youth Alive Victoria Bulletin Board (It is not a uniting church board by the way for those who think it is).

First of all, Youth Alive is an inter-demonational organization. We support all 'breeds' of Christians, wether Uniting, AOG, Salvo, Protestant and even Catholic.

This is what I believe and also what Youth Alive Victoria believe - you get to heaven once you have accepted Jesus Christ into your heart, follow him, accept that he died on the cross to save us from our sins. We are not going to heaven because of our works or whatever.

Please do NOT be going onto the YAV to convert us to be Catholics. We all have our own denomonation (some of the member do not even go to church, yet they are Christians and are going to heaven because they have accepted Jesus into their lives).

I don't want to start a war between these two wars, as that is pointless - we do not need to fight -- we all know that if we have accepted Christ into our hearts that we are going to heaven. We should be open and accepting to other people's beliefs. Sure, you can question them but do not bag them.

I have also done a similar post like this on the Youth Alive Victoria board trying to get the inter-denominational 'bashing' down.

Cheers and God bless,

Phil

aka -Sound guY-

cmotherofpirl

Nobody gets to heaven on account of their works. Catholics don't believe that. But if you walk around all day saying I am saved I am right with the Lord and have no works to show for it, you are decieving yourself. Faith without works is dead.

Accepting Jesus into your hearts to not enough. Jesus said to Nichodemus unless you are born of the water and the spirit, forget it. So obviously baptism is a normal requirement of salvation as well.

If you have been baptised, and you commit a mortal sin ( and St Paul gives a list of these) you lose your salvation. Once saved, always saved is not biblical.

We agree that everyone is entitled to his own opinion after he has all the facts. But since you were under a misconception about works (thinking works will get you to heaven) maybe this dialogue can be fruitful and should continue.

Sincerely

cmom

If you have been baptised, and you commit a  mortal sin ( and St Paul gives a list of these) you lose your salvation. Once saved, always saved is not biblical.

I am interested in what you mean by that. Where is that in the bible - I would like some references.

For all have sinned, and have fallen short of the Glory of God.

Cheers,