An Old School Catholic Message Board

Tv And Movies Stink These Days...

InHisLove726

InHisLove726

I really seriously am considering giving up television and movies for good. I am so tired of the croutons that is always on! Nowadays, you have to really hunt for anything morally entertaining. I mean, seriously, is it that necessary to have a suggestive scene in every single show or movie? :madrant: It drives me nuts! I've had difficulty in the past with these kind of things, and I promised God that I would not watch anything that was not educational or wholesome. Well, that's a rarity, it seems. About the only movies I can watch that don't have problematic stuff are "G" or some "PG" rated movies, but our society even seems to think that kids can tolerate adult themes. (Remember when "Shrek" came out? :annoyed: )

I have limited myself to basically 3 or 4 television stations:

EWTN
Animal Planet
PBS
Food Network (I rarely watch this station anymore)

Everything else...fuggitaboudit. <_<

What a sad, sad world we live in... :sadder:

I've found other ways to occupy my time, especially by prayer and spiritual reading. :)

Edited by InHisLove726

InHisLove726

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1943138' date='Aug 7 2009, 10:53 PM']I liked Shrek.... And people tell me I have the mind of a 3 year old...[/quote]

:rolleyes:

txdinghysailor

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1943156' date='Aug 8 2009, 12:12 AM']:twitch:[/quote]

You just wish you were as cool as me. :P

InHisLove726

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1943160' date='Aug 7 2009, 11:18 PM']You just wish you were as cool as me. :P[/quote]

You like to hijack other people's threads don't you.... :boink:

txdinghysailor

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1943163' date='Aug 8 2009, 12:21 AM']You like to hijack other people's threads don't you.... :boink:[/quote]

I'm distracting you. I don't like to see people angry, so I distract them and make them laugh. ;) You really should thank me. :) :halo:

Edited by txdinghysailor

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1943172' date='Aug 7 2009, 09:28 PM']Watch the Golden Girls, its on the Hallmark channel.[/quote]
a show about a bunch of horny old ladies :mellow: yay.

:lol: as much as i love that show (i really do), that's really all it's about.

I just watched a movie from the 1950s. I was really surprised at how tame the kissing was compared to most current movies.

Edited by Resurrexi

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1943164' date='Aug 7 2009, 09:22 PM']I'm distracting you. I don't like to see people angry, so I distract them and make them laugh. ;) You really should thank me. :) :halo:[/quote]
yeah, it's not cool to hijack people's threads though. unless it's the lame board.

InHisLove726

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1943172' date='Aug 7 2009, 11:28 PM']Watch the Golden Girls, its on the Hallmark channel.[/quote]

LOL, I forgot about Hallmark. That's not so bad. "I Love Lucy" is one of my favorites. I can't STAND "7th Heaven" though...

InHisLove726

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1943174' date='Aug 7 2009, 11:29 PM']a show about a bunch of horny old ladies :mellow: yay.

:lol: as much as i love that show (i really do), that's really all it's about.[/quote]

:lol:

InHisLove726

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1943176' date='Aug 7 2009, 11:29 PM']yeah, it's not cool to hijack people's threads though. unless it's the lame board.[/quote]

iawtc ;)

Edited by InHisLove726