An Old School Catholic Message Board

Accepted!

He is Risen!

He is Risen!

Hi Everybody! I've just gotten word last week that I have been accepted to the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal. The entrance date is Sept. 7 and it looks like there will be maybe 7 candidates all together. Yipee! :cloud9: Please pray for me, especially for about $800 more that I need for health insurance.

YAY! Congrats! You will be in my prayers, esp re the money. The Lord will see to it; he will complete what he has begun in you.

Go in peace to love and serve the Lord and renew the face of the Earth. I know I'm mixing my prayers - I suppose that's worse than mixing metaphors - but it seems to fit.

I'm 'one learn a prayer an' say it for YOU!

InHisLove726
:yahoo:

That's wonderful news!!!!! I am so happy to hear that so many people are entering this year!!!!!!

I'll keep you in my prayers that you can obtain the $800 before you enter. ;)

He is Risen!

Thank you for all of your prayers! My parish is going to have a yard sale (read: junk exchange) to help me raise money. I love these things, maybe I will even find some of the things on my "to bring" list.

InHisLove726

You are definitely going to be surrounded by wonderful and holy women. Sr. Agnes, especially! I talked to her and Sr. Maria Teresa when they were at a 3 night event hosted by the Friars in my hometown, and I felt like I could really open up to them. Both of them gave me great advice. I actually thought I might have a vocation there, but God keeps pressing on me that I have a call to the Carmelites. ;)

If I don't enter religious life myself in the next few years, maybe I'll be able to meet you. :D The Friars and Sisters come down to High Springs, FL every year during Advent. Sr. Maria Teresa came down right after she professed First Vows. ;)

Congratulations! I'm sure it won't quite sink in that it's real until you get there, but I hope you use this last month of preparation well.

God reward you for your yes to His invitation of religious life. I will pray for your perseverance.

+Praised be Jesus Christ!

Congratulations and know you prepare for new life accompanied by many prayers and well wishes!

Best wishes and much encouragement!

Pax,

TradMom (and family!!!!)