An Old School Catholic Message Board

Father Writes Of His Nun-daughters

DameAgnes

[url="http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/theanchoress/2009/08/09/when-your-daughter-becomes-a-sister/"]http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/theanchor...comes-a-sister/[/url]

InHisLove726

It's always incredible when 1 daughter or son decides to join the "God Squad." ;) But it's even more impressive when God calls not 1, but 2, 3, 4,... family members into the same order or a different order. (I'm thinking St. Therese's family). :))

I have a friend in my CYA group that has several brothers and sisters in the Servants of the Home of the Mother. I think that is just...so cool! :smokey:

Edited by InHisLove726

eagle_eye222001

Wow!

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/incubus/track/stellar"]Incubus - Stellar[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

VeniteAdoremus

Oh my. (I was going to comment on the blog but it wouldn't let me! I'll try with FireFox later.)

He's so honest. How beautiful. He doesn't gloss over the element of waste that people will always see (even if it's not actually there - you know what I mean).

The SSVM have many siblings in their ranks, for some reason. And as this father described, they all have individual calls. It helps, of course, to see the example of someone close, but they're different people, different vocations, not just "following along".

I think it's too much to hope that my Buddhist brother becomes a Dominican though ;) (And I love his girlfriend.)

the lords sheep

That is incredibly beautiful. I've met both Sisters, they're lovely.

As VA said, there are many sets of siblings in the IVE family, and even a number of sets of twins (which I think is cool!)

When a man's daughter marries, he becomes the father-in-law to the groom.

If the daughter becoems a bride of Christ, does that make God/Jesus the groom?

Does that make the nun's father God/Jesus' father-in-law?

Jist curious.

InHisLove726

[quote name='Luigi' post='1945672' date='Aug 10 2009, 06:47 PM']When a man's daughter marries, he becomes the father-in-law to the groom.

If the daughter becoems a bride of Christ, does that make God/Jesus the groom?

Does that make the nun's father God/Jesus' father-in-law?

Jist curious.[/quote]

Jesus is the Divine Bridegroom to all souls. When a daughter becomes the bride of Christ in religious life, she embraces that mystery completely. She becomes the bride to the Divine Bridegroom.

I like to think of Jesus' adoptive father, Joseph, as being the father-in-law to my parents when I enter religious life. I can't really comprehend God being the father-in-law as He is Father to all. ;) St. Joseph is much easier to see in that role.

<_< St. Joseph is much easier to see in that role.

I agree - St. Joseph is very approachable, very easy to see in most roles. He's a good guy.

InHisLove726

[quote name='Luigi' post='1945679' date='Aug 10 2009, 06:56 PM']<_< St. Joseph is much easier to see in that role.

I agree - St. Joseph is very approachable, very easy to see in most roles. He's a good guy.[/quote]

LOL, that reminds me. On Facebook, I'm a member of "Every girl wants a St. Joseph in her life." If I were getting married instead of becoming a nun, I'd want someone like St. Joseph. I'm sure Jesus thought he was an amazing father. ;)

loveletslive

in my diocese we have a few sets of brothers that are priests. one family has 3 sons that are priests (2 are at my parish!) and one of their daughters was in religious life for awhile.

• 5 weeks later...