An Old School Catholic Message Board

Two Pmers Entered Nashville Dominicans Today!

InHisLove726

InHisLove726

NisiTe and Irishdancingmimi both entered the postulancy of the Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia in Nashville, TN. Let's keep them in our prayers that they have a fruitful religious life (God-willing, of course!). ;) Let's also pray for the other young women that entered with them!

Edited by InHisLove726

InHisLove726

Here's an article I found about a young woman who entered today:

[url="http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=16215"]http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=16215[/url]

InHisLove726

[quote name='Hilde' post='1945674' date='Aug 10 2009, 06:51 PM']Great news!

Wow, they have to be a lot of sisters.

I would love to visit one time, but I'm not sure I could take the heat.:P[/quote]

:lol_roll:

I remember when my high school in Florida had a foreign exchange student from Finland and on what we termed the "coldest days of the year" she walked around in shorts and tank tops. She was very accustomed to MUCH colder weather! Even her skin was snowy white. :lol:

That's me right there, haha.

Sometimes I even think Norwegian summers are hot. Maybe I should move more north.

But, yes, considering visiting USA but that takes a lot of planning. :yawn:

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1945678' date='Aug 11 2009, 01:55 AM']:lol_roll:

I remember when my high school in Florida had a foreign exchange student from Finland and on what we termed the "coldest days of the year" she walked around in shorts and tank tops. She was very accustomed to MUCH colder weather! Even her skin was snowy white. :lol:[/quote]

Ha! We have a postulant from Nigeria. The cold drives her mad. I've been teasing her that she needs an electrical habit :)

the lords sheep

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1945764' date='Aug 11 2009, 02:49 AM']Ha! We have a postulant from Nigeria. The cold drives her mad. I've been teasing her that she needs an electrical habit :)[/quote]

I love that you say "We". :))

I've started doing the same thing when I talk about my community :love: Who I'm going to see tomorrow for my psychological evaluation.

InHisLove726

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1945764' date='Aug 10 2009, 08:49 PM']Ha! We have a postulant from Nigeria. The cold drives her mad. I've been teasing her that she needs an electrical habit :)[/quote]

:lol_roll:

I can just see a Dominican sister walking around with an electric blanket-type habit. :D

InHisLove726

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1945789' date='Aug 10 2009, 09:28 PM']I love that you say "We". :))

I've started doing the same thing when I talk about my community :love: Who I'm going to see tomorrow for my psychological evaluation.[/quote]

I hope it goes well for you. I remember my friend telling me about hers when she was going through the paperwork to enter the Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus (which is next month! ;) ). She said it was weird more than nervewracking. The psychiatrist asked her different questions and talked to her about her family life. He also gave her 2 personality tests (I can't remember the technical names), and an inkblot test.

She told me if I ever go through one of those to just be completely honest. The tests are just making sure you are not some crazy psychopath. :D

loveletslive

yes pray for their whole class as well; 23 girls! i got a letter nisite sent while she was in rome before she entered and it arrived today! whoo i got mail from a nun :)

Edited by loveletslive

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1945789' date='Aug 11 2009, 04:28 AM']I love that you say "We". :))

I've started doing the same thing when I talk about my community :love: Who I'm going to see tomorrow for my psychological evaluation.[/quote]

Oh oops :sweat: On the last day of our walking pilgrimage one of the guys told me he planned to come to visit the community and maybe do a small retreat in September, and I bounced towards Sr. Julie to tell her that "Mike is coming to visit us! Mike is coming to visit us!" and she laughed and said "Us!" I turned beet-red. :)

Good luck with your psych! I... enjoyed mine. But mainly after the fact ;)

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1945813' date='Aug 11 2009, 05:13 AM']:lol_roll:

I can just see a Dominican sister walking around with an electric blanket-type habit. :D[/quote]

She'll need a LONG cable though. Or maybe solar energy? Although that wouldn't work in winter, when you need it most.

To get within the vicinity of back on topic ;) I still can't believe they have 22 postulants. That's almost three times my entire community!

Thomist-in-Training

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1946032' date='Aug 11 2009, 04:47 AM']Oh oops :sweat: On the last day of our walking pilgrimage one of the guys told me he planned to come to visit the community and maybe do a small retreat in September, and I bounced towards Sr. Julie to tell her that "Mike is coming to visit us! Mike is coming to visit us!" and she laughed and said "Us!" I turned beet-red. :)[/quote]

Yeah!! I remember the first time I happened to say "[i]our [/i]friars" are doing thus and such it seemed so natural.