An Old School Catholic Message Board

Va News

VeniteAdoremus

VeniteAdoremus

Hi pham,

As you might have noticed through the prayer requests, I was getting slightly stressed out. In light of that, my novice mistress and prioress have asked me to delay my entrance one year, so that I can make a clean cut and concentrate on important stuff.

I am a bit disappointed, of course, but mainly very, very relieved. And also heartened by the care and common sense the sisters displayed through all my muddling about.

So, not Our Lady's birthday present just yet :) But she's very patient...

SponsaChristi

Venite, I´ll be praying for your way - if you feel relieved now it definately was the right decision of the sisters... for NOW.
But, as you say: she´s is very patient - and HE also is!
United in HIM, the bridgregroom...

InHisLove726

I'll say some prayers for you. It must be difficult to have your entrance pushed back when you were so close to the date. But, I agree with SponsaChristi. If it brings you peace, then the right decision was made. God bless.

Indwelling Trinity

I too will be praying for you I understand both the relief and the disappointment tat this must be to you. You are handling it with true grace and trust in God and that is beautiful to see!

Tenderly,

Indwelling Trinity

laetitia crucis

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' date='22 August 2009 - 06:23 PM' timestamp='1250936593' post='1954224']
Hi pham,

As you might have noticed through the prayer requests, I was getting slightly stressed out. In light of that, my novice mistress and prioress have asked me to delay my entrance one year, so that I can make a clean cut and concentrate on important stuff.

I am a bit disappointed, of course, but mainly very, very relieved. And also heartened by the care and common sense the sisters displayed through all my muddling about.

[/quote]

Maybe I'm being [i]slightly[/i] selfish in this remark, but I'm glad to have you around here a bit longer! ;)

You remain in my prayers! :sign: :saint:

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' date='22 August 2009 - 07:23 AM' timestamp='1250936593' post='1954224']
Hi pham,

[/quote]

Take it as a gift from the Lord -- you will see it as a wonderful blessing in the long run. I will pray for you while you continue to discern and wait.

I can understand your disappointment. I've been in a similar position.. God has a plan for all of us. He will carry us. I just have a question (I'm sorry if I don't know the answer) but what community are you going to enter?

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' date='22 August 2009 - 12:23 PM' timestamp='1250936593' post='1954224']
Hi pham,

[/quote]
Just keep faithful. The Lord will do the rest.

VeniteAdoremus

Thanks for all the support :)

I have been showered with care by my friends, and especially those close to me were very relieved, because they felt I was rushing. So that was nice to get confirmed :) Now to keep my eye on the price...

In the mean time, I will get a part-time teaching job to reduce my college debt, which someone had very graciously offered to pay for me, but now he might be able to help others.

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' date='23 August 2009 - 04:31 PM' timestamp='1251059486' post='1955090']

In the mean time, I will get a part-time teaching job to reduce my college debt, which someone had very graciously offered to pay for me, but now he might be able to help others.
[/quote]

Hmmmmm...what a good thought. Possibly your delay is meant to help someone else along. I will keep you in my pryaers!

the lords sheep

Imagine my surprise to see a topic addressed to me!
VA, I'm really happy for you! Yes, I would have loved to have shared an entrance date with you, but I completely understand: because after all, this isn't about you and me, this is about Christ and following His will. :) I hope that you have peace in this decision, and, that when your date rolls around, you feel even more prepared for all that the Lord has in store for you.
I wish you all the best, and I will pray for you! I also hope that since you'll be out of the convent, you can write me every once in a while :))
God bless you!

In Christ,
Lauren

Dear VA,

I don't know you so I feel odd offering anything to you other than my prayers and promise of support. God is truly with you and will be forever. His time is not always our time. A great test (perhaps the greatest?) of religious life is learning obedience. God has made it so that you will begin this test and learning earlier than you had planned. He is so good in giving us opportunities for holiness...even without the "mantle" of religious life. One truly can be holy in any state of life - married, single, religious, etc.

I have no doubt the community has suffered in extending your entrance a year, but your future home shows great patience (such a good and holy thing!) and great love for you (even better!).

May you be comforted as you prepare for a lifetime of love, and may your heart be strengthened in knowing how practical, loving and solid your future home is. One cannot ask for more than that (in my most humble opinion!).

Your new friend,

Macies

Indwelling Trinity

[quote name='Macies' date='26 August 2009 - 02:39 PM' timestamp='1251308355' post='1956356']
Dear VA,

I don't know you so I feel odd offering anything to you other than my prayers and promise of support. God is truly with you and will be forever. His time is not always our time. A great test (perhaps the greatest?) of religious life is learning obedience. God has made it so that you will begin this test and learning earlier than you had planned. He is so good in giving us opportunities for holiness...even without the "mantle" of religious life. One truly can be holy in any state of life - married, single, religious, etc.

I have no doubt the community has suffered in extending your entrance a year, but your future home shows great patience (such a good and holy thing!) and great love for you (even better!).

May you be comforted as you prepare for a lifetime of love, and may your heart be strengthened in knowing how practical, loving and solid your future home is. One cannot ask for more than that (in my most humble opinion!).

Your new friend,

Macies
[/quote]

This is so beautiful a post and right on target. To have such a wise and loving community is a blessing from God !

Tenderly

Indwelling Trinity