An Old School Catholic Message Board

"teresa Of The Andes" Now On Dvd! Finally!

Laudem Gloriae

Laudem Gloriae

Ignatius Press now has the "Teresa of the Andes" 6 part movie that was on EWTN on DVD!

http://www.ignatius.com/ViewProduct.aspx?SID=1&Product_ID=3646&Category_ID=158&SKU=STAN-M&

+Praised be Jesus Christ!

Laudem,

What is this board going to do without your knowledge and ability to keep us up to date? Thank you for this information. We watched the video series a while ago as a family and it was difficult. DVD will be fantastic!

Am I right in believing today is the transverbation of St. Teresa of Jesus? [i](Special wounding of the heart)[/i] My Carmelite calendar says so. It's old and am often corrected for not making note of the "new" days. Whatever the case, we celebrate it (today) as a family, and in our secular community.

For all of our Carmelites out there, Laudem gave us a special gift with this new information on a beautiful feast day!

If our hearts must be wounded, let it be by Jesus Himself. You remain in our prayers, always!

Pax,

TradMom

InHisLove726

How eerie for me to come and read this! I'm watching the clips on Youtube as I type this! :)

I must save up my money and purchase the DVD. I love the clips. I couldn't stop crying during her entrance scene. I desire it so much.

[quote name='Laudem Gloriae' date='26 August 2009 - 12:28 PM' timestamp='1251304082' post='1956290']
Ignatius Press now has the "Teresa of the Andes" 6 part movie that was on EWTN on DVD!

http://www.ignatius.com/ViewProduct.aspx?SID=1&Product_ID=3646&Category_ID=158&SKU=STAN-M&
[/quote]
I just love this movie i have it on tape and i look at it all the time, and i just love st.teresa Of The Andes, can i just want to know one thing dose the site take prepaid cards? what about visa do they take that?

Thank you, TradMom, for bringing up the feast day. I wish the Church (and families - like your family) "advertised" the great and interesting feasts!

We have much to celebrate.

Thank you, Laudem, for the link. I have already ordered this DVD as I didn't know about it and I just finished reading her book of letters.

Good information all the way around.

Laudem Gloriae

[quote name='TradMom' date='26 August 2009 - 12:54 PM' timestamp='1251305657' post='1956306']
+Praised be Jesus Christ!

Laudem,

What is this board going to do without your knowledge and ability to keep us up to date? Thank you for this information. We watched the video series a while ago as a family and it was difficult. DVD will be fantastic!

Am I right in believing today is the transverbation of St. Teresa of Jesus? [i](Special wounding of the heart)[/i] My Carmelite calendar says so. It's old and am often corrected for not making note of the "new" days. Whatever the case, we celebrate it (today) as a family, and in our secular community.

For all of our Carmelites out there, Laudem gave us a special gift with this new information on a beautiful feast day!

If our hearts must be wounded, let it be by Jesus Himself. You remain in our prayers, always!

Pax,

TradMom
[/quote]

Thanks, TradMom and you are right today IS the Feast day of Our Holy Mother, the Transverbation of St. Teresa of Jesus! I have the "Discalced Carmelite Proper Offices - A Supplement to the Divine Office" and so I can confirm it for you! This book is so great for all the offices of Carmel's saints, blesseds, venerables and others.

I got the Ignatius Press catalog in the mail last night and due to the forum being worked on, I couldn't post it and I was going nuts! ha!

I have this movie copied to DVD from a VHS tape copied from EWTN TV so mine isn't a great copy but I am buying this new official DVD set right away! This is my favorite movie! I have watched it so many times it has taught me Spanish (Chilean spanish anyway)!! lol!

melporcristo

[quote name='InHisLove726' date='26 August 2009 - 10:59 AM' timestamp='1251305941' post='1956312']
How eerie for me to come and read this! I'm watching the clips on Youtube as I type this! :)

I must save up my money and purchase the DVD. I love the clips. I couldn't stop crying during her entrance scene. I desire it so much.
[/quote]

I used to do that all the time!!! Before I got the privilege of watching it with the Carmelite Sisters in Alahambra this summer ... sigh ... that movie just confirmed my call to pursue Carmel. I loved it SO much.

kavalamyself

[quote name='melporcristo' date='26 August 2009 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1251337963' post='1956753']
I used to do that all the time!!! Before I got the privilege of watching it with the Carmelite Sisters in Alahambra this summer ... sigh ... that movie just confirmed my call to pursue Carmel. I loved it SO much.
[/quote]

Did you do a live-in?!! How was it?

[quote name='kavalamyself' date='26 August 2009 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1251341959' post='1956793']
Did you do a live-in?!! How was it?
[/quote]
JMJT+

Sorry it took me forever to write back but no I didn't get to do a livein :-( It's with the active community in Alhambra; we did get to visit the cloister there though! I LOVE all of the Carmelites ... so amazing.

As for how it was: beautiful!!! I hope to be there again soon ...