An Old School Catholic Message Board

Only A Week To Go . . .

DiscerningSoul

DiscerningSoul

Well on Saturday the 12th I leave for my aspirancy with the Visitation Nuns in VA.
Does anyone have any intentions they would like me to bring with me?

Please I ask for prayer also.

I am rejoicing with you and for you! Please, pray for my intention of entering the Carmelites. I am discerning with two monasteries at the moment and I'm trying to figure out (slowly) where God is calling me. It will probably be about a year or two before I can even think about entering (maybe longer if it's God's will) because of debts. Please pray for my intention of finding a job as well! Thank you.

God bless you and I'll be praying for your entrance this week. :))

[quote name='DiscerningSoul' date='06 September 2009 - 11:58 PM' timestamp='1252274286' post='1962128']
Well on Saturday the 12th I leave for my aspirancy with the Visitation Nuns in VA.
Does anyone have any intentions they would like me to bring with me?

Please I ask for prayer also.
[/quote]

Congratulations and wishing you every blessing. Do pray for all the young women the Lord is also calling to act on their sense of possible call to Religious Life. You will know it is not an easy thing to listen to that voice in our present climate, especially inthe UK where I am from. Bring all those in touch with us and those in discernment. We will pray for you.
God Bless,
Sr Marianne FSM
Franciscan Sisters Minoress www.stclaresconvent.fsnet.co.uk

Congratulations and many blessings as you begin your postulancy!!

Please pray for all consecrated peaple, for fidelity, perseverance, and holiness of life..... and many holy vocations including from our Phamily.

Praying for you!

DiscerningSoul

Time is coming up so fast.
I am so excited yet nervous.
I am planning on mailing my stuff out tommrow.
Keeping a list and checking it twice, LOL

PRAYERS!!! :saint:

Thomist-in-Training

[quote name='DiscerningSoul' date='10 September 2009 - 10:39 PM' timestamp='1252636757' post='1964713']
One day left. :lol_roll: :saint:
[/quote]

And I'm up so late it's no days left! God bless you and Mary keep you!

DiscerningSoul

Hello all, I am here with another phatmasser who is on a discernment retreat.
however I am really struggling and need some prayer.

It's got to be difficult to take the first steps in religious life. Give yourself time to get used to it, and remember, you don't learn everything on the first day. If God is truly calling you to this life, He'll give you the graces necessary to do it. I will pray for you today during my visit to the Blessed Sacrament. :)

Thomist-in-Training

[quote name='DiscerningSoul' date='14 September 2009 - 05:44 AM' timestamp='1252921474' post='1966152']
Hello all, I am here with another phatmasser who is on a discernment retreat.
however I am really struggling and need some prayer.
[/quote]

OK!

Give yourself some time to adjust. First couple days are always ackward, just stick it out. Alot of times it is just nerves.
Prayers for you. Have confidence that you are where you need to be, and will be having experiences you need.
Alicemary