An Old School Catholic Message Board

Eucharistic Congress At National Shrine

Skinzo

We were lucky to attend the Eucharistic Congress at the National Shrine. It was wonderful to see so many religious sisters in attendance, and we attended several wonderful talks. It was well attended and organized by the Council of Major Superiors of Women Religious. A big highlight for us was attending the talk of the daughter of St. Gianna Beretta Molla, an Italian pediatrician who died heroically giving birth.
Many of the new orders of sisters had booths set up for those interested in vocations.

See: http://www.catholic.org/prwire/headline.php?ID=7631

And: http://www.dwc.org/index2.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=455&Itemid=299

Edited by Skinzo

TeresaBenedicta

I went on Saturday and had an absolute blast!! Oh my goodness!! I don't think I've ever seen so many religious in my life!! I got to hang out with a few sisters I know from SSVM's, as well as meet up with two of my friends who just entered (one SSVM postulant and the other is Sister of Life)!! I got to talk with a few Dominicans, and saw a few seminarians and priests I know. It was wonderful! And the talks were beautiful!!

The seminary schola that sung as a musical interlude and during Mass... yeah, they're ours. :-) I know most all of them and have taken courses with them.

It was wonderful!

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' date='13 September 2009 - 01:14 PM' timestamp='1252858457' post='1965778']
I went on Saturday and had an absolute blast!! Oh my goodness!! I don't think I've ever seen so many religious in my life!! I got to hang out with a few sisters I know from SSVM's, as well as meet up with two of my friends who just entered (one SSVM postulant and the other is Sister of Life)!! I got to talk with a few Dominicans, and saw a few seminarians and priests I know. It was wonderful! And the talks were beautiful!!

The seminary schola that sung as a musical interlude and during Mass... yeah, they're ours. :-) I know most all of them and have taken courses with them.

It was wonderful!
[/quote]

Yes, I have to say that I never saw so many happy young sisters in my life. It really gave me a lot of hope! The Springtime indeed is here I believe. I wish I could have attended more of the talks, I know I missed some great ones. I hope they issue a DVD or something.

S.

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='Skinzo' date='13 September 2009 - 01:52 PM' timestamp='1252860755' post='1965797']
Yes, I have to say that I never saw so many happy young sisters in my life. It really gave me a lot of hope! The Springtime indeed is here I believe. I wish I could have attended more of the talks, I know I missed some great ones. I hope they issue a DVD or something.

S.
[/quote]

Yeah, I didn't get to hear any of the talks from Friday. But I think they usually put together a booklet with all of the talks. I have one from the 2004 Congress, but I don't know when they put it together.

I wish I had been able to go. I didn't even realize it was broadcast on EWTN until yesterday, and I watched the talk given by Mother Ann Marie of the Nashville Dominicans with my mom. Afterward, we watched part of the schola of the Emmettsburg, PA seminary. Beautiful! :)

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='InHisLove726' date='13 September 2009 - 08:40 PM' timestamp='1252885241' post='1965974']
I wish I had been able to go. I didn't even realize it was broadcast on EWTN until yesterday, and I watched the talk given by Mother Ann Marie of the Nashville Dominicans with my mom. Afterward, we watched part of the schola of the Emmettsburg, PA seminary. Beautiful! :)
[/quote]

Emmitsburg, Maryland-- actually. ;-) They're from Mount St. Mary's University and Seminary, where I go to school. So, *cough* I'm quite blessed-- getting to pray vespers with them on Sunday evenings, when the schola sings.

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' date='13 September 2009 - 08:50 PM' timestamp='1252889442' post='1966022']
Emmitsburg, Maryland-- actually. ;-) They're from Mount St. Mary's University and Seminary, where I go to school. So, *cough* I'm quite blessed-- getting to pray vespers with them on Sunday evenings, when the schola sings.
[/quote]

Er, I meant Maryland. :rolleyes: Silly me... the Sister from the Oblates of the Sacred Heart of Jesus said it at least twice. :)

[quote name='InHisLove726' date='13 September 2009 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1252889616' post='1966027']
Er, I meant Maryland. :rolleyes: Silly me... the Sister from the Oblates of the Sacred Heart of Jesus said it at least twice. :)
[/quote]
I enjoyed the Mount de Sales Academy girls'choir too! .......from Maryland! .....a wonderful Dominican high school for girls.

[quote name='Skinzo' date='13 September 2009 - 12:52 PM' timestamp='1252860755' post='1965797']

S.
[/quote]

Yes, it was awesome! Fr. Bernard's talk was great too!

You can order CD's from St. Joseph Radio. We actually brought some of the talks home with us. :>

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' date='13 September 2009 - 08:50 PM' timestamp='1252889442' post='1966022']
[/quote]

i have two friends that go to seminary there!!!! one helped produce the schola cd (he designed all the cover art and such) and the other is in the choir. i listen to their cd every night when i go to bed :) that's great you appreciate the seminarians, because josh is always talking about how the regular students are scared of him and ignore him :(

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='14 September 2009 - 01:25 PM' timestamp='1252952727' post='1966329']
Yes, it was awesome! Fr. Bernard's talk was great too!

You can order CD's from St. Joseph Radio. We actually brought some of the talks home with us. :>
[/quote]
I have to agree, Fr. Bernard's talk was pretty awesome. It was a great congress and it was one of the few times where I felt like I was in a real minority (me vs. all the religious)! The last hymn sung at the end was powerful, just to stand in the midst of a full church with everyone singing loudly with the loud organ. You loose yourself in it all. I really felt that this is what the Body of Christ should feel like. I loved it. I'm so glad I was able to go.

I was hanging with the Sisters of Charity of Our Lady, Mother of the Church for nearly the entire thing. Mother Anthony, SCMC brought up the ciborium at Saturday's Mass and the sisters were talking about how she was the only one with a huge smile on her face. Everyone else was so serious. ^_^

I would love to get copies of all the talks and workshops, its just that I don't have the money for them right now. Oh well...

• 1 month later...

My sister, who is the new postulant for the Sister Servants of the Sacred Heart, was in attendance. Also, some of my friends from the Missionaries of the Eucharist (not a religious order) were also there. Heard it was great :).