An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lost: The Final Season-- Discussion And ***spoilers***

hope4thenew

[quote name='hot stuff' date='03 December 2009 - 10:34 AM' timestamp='1259854492' post='2013809']
You watch the show and everyone that you thought was a jerk turns out to be a nice person and the nice people turn out to be horrible. So it makes sense that the guy who's getting all the babes turns out to be gay.
[/quote]
Touche!

[quote name='notardillacid' date='04 December 2009 - 10:51 AM' timestamp='1259941893' post='2014356']
Touche!
[/quote]

For example if Phatmass was Lost, in the end you would be the most beloved Phatmasser ever.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='04 December 2009 - 07:52 PM' timestamp='1259974347' post='2014564']
For example if Phatmass was Lost, in the end you would be the most beloved Phatmasser ever.
[/quote]
That brings so much clarity to your original postulation!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Never mind on the above. After digging further I see there was this whole lost experience thing that is a few years old now. haha. i smell of elderberries.

• 3 weeks later...
laetitia crucis
:woot: Can't wait!

And I'm actually somewhat relieved that this will be the last season. I mean, if it ended next year I might be in the convent by then (God willing) and I'd enter with all of these unanswered "Lost" questions!! :twitch: I definitely don't want to be in meditation or Adoration pondering about the island. :lol: Sometimes "Lost" thoughts creep in to my prayer time even now... :ohno:

Brother Adam

John Locke is Jesus?

I've finished watching all 5 seasons and am ready for season 6. I just can't see how they can possibly answer every question we have about the island, from the Black Rock to why the children were kidnapped in the first place. We will see.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='06 January 2010 - 02:01 PM' timestamp='1262786501' post='2030832']
John Locke is Jesus?

I've finished watching all 5 seasons and am ready for season 6. I just can't see how they can possibly answer every question we have about the island, from the Black Rock to why the children were kidnapped in the first place. We will see.
[/quote]
I was reading [url="http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2010/01/q-lost-producers-discuss-emotional.html#axzz0bxNSmc0S"]an interview[/url] with Damon & Carlton, and I think they said their priority is to wrap up the characters' stories, but not necessarily to answer all the island mythology. So we might not get answers to everything.

[quote name='Archaeology cat' date='07 January 2010 - 02:32 PM' timestamp='1262892754' post='2031858']
I was reading [url="http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2010/01/q-lost-producers-discuss-emotional.html#axzz0bxNSmc0S"]an interview[/url] with Damon & Carlton, and I think they said their priority is to wrap up the characters' stories, but not necessarily to answer all the island mythology. So we might not get answers to everything.
[/quote]
I think that might work. Some things are better left to mystery and the imagination.

One thing I noticed which was cool when I rewatched the season five finale is that when the electromagnetism was sucking everything in Dr. Pierre Chang got his hand injured and if you recall in some of the Dharm videos he had a prosthetic arm.

Plus Locke's whole journey has to be reinterpreted and brought to a new resolution if Smokey is the evil guy who sat with Jacob, because that means from the very beginning when he looked into the eye of the island and saw it was beautiful to the hatcth, etc. he was being led by the evil side into a loophole plan which ultimately led to Jacob's death